Guatemala travel, with drone

any luck? i'm planning on taking my DJI spark to guatemala and hope they will let it in.
i found this document for permit... http://www.dgac.gob.gt/drones/FormularioUnicoparaDrones.pdf

Hi @LeoLeo !
I'm planning a trip to Guatemala end of the month. I would like to know if you had trouble with your drone ? Did you fill the PDF form you attached ? Was it suffisant ? Did you need to send it by email or did they sign it at the custom ?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Hi @LeoLeo !
I'm planning a trip to Guatemala end of the month. I would like to know if you had trouble with your drone ? Did you fill the PDF form you attached ? Was it suffisant ? Did you need to send it by email or did they sign it at the custom ?

Thanks a lot for your reply !
Hi simsim2006,
I am traveling to Guatemala in 10 days and wonder if you ever heard anything definitive about bringing a drone into Guatemala and operating while there. I really appreciate whatever information you can provide.

I'm crossing from Palenque, MX to Flores, Guatemala in 10 days with a Mavic 2 pro. Has anyone had any issues with their drone at Guatemala customs? Do they search your camera bag or put it through X Ray?

Guess I got lucky - ignorance is bliss? - didn't know any better so i just strolled through GUA customs with my Mavic Air in the carry-on and "nothing to declare". :D Hope there's no hassle on departure...

FYI: did run across this on the Tikal site at Welcome to Tikal Park, tours, lodging and transportation

"21. Do not film for commercial purposes without the appropriate paperwork and specific permit. Filming at Tikal requires a special permit, issued only by the Institute of Archaeology and History I.D.A.E.H. or Instituto de Antropologia e Historia in Guatemala City. Using drones in TIKAL is strictly prohibitted."

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik