Reaction score
Hi guys,

Whoever is interested, I wrote a piece about my experience of traveling with a drone here.
I didn't have any issues taking my drone from Melbourne to Europe with stop overs in Vietnam, Russia, Czech Republic, Italy, France and Iceland. A part from a few questions here and there it was all good as airport security mostly familiar with these things. As long as you do the right thing and pack you bird correctly you shouldn't have any problems.
That said, filming with a drone is a different story. Some common sense rules always apply while other places do not allow drones at all. For example, I could't film in Italy (Venice and Rome) which are busy tourist hubs. National parks can also be a problem.

Cheers

I've had mostly good experiences as well including Melbourne (and actually saw multiple other pilots during our week long stay), Budapest, Spain, Mexico, etc. The ONE place I had an issue was Prague. And not because of Police, but because a local thought he was an expert on the rules/regulations and was pretty aggressive that I stop flying.

Reactions: Flying Dre
I travel a good bit but never really thought about taking my P4 with me until recently when I took it to Phoenix (there is a thread in the SW section on it) and I had a blast. Will definitely take it with me more in the future. To the OP. I will check out your link, looking forward to reading about your travel experience.

Reactions: Flying Dre
I've had mostly good experiences as well including Melbourne (and actually saw multiple other pilots during our week long stay), Budapest, Spain, Mexico, etc. The ONE place I had an issue was Prague. And not because of Police, but because a local thought he was an expert on the rules/regulations and was pretty aggressive that I stop flying.
I didn't get to film in Prague, my drone was grounded in the hotel room.
Speaking of Melbourne, to be honest I am getting pretty disappointed with our local regulations. You can no longer film in National Parks - which are the best places to film. I filmed in Grampians National Park after asking permission from a ranger and it was fine. Went to Wilsons prom over the weekend and there was this massive sign "Drones are not permitted". I understand why there are doing it (privacy, safety etc) however a common sense should be applied when responsible people apply for a permit. Currently one has to have a liability insurance and also pay the applications fees to film in Parks Victoria which can only be granted if you have a drone pilot licence (costs 2.5k AUD)
I never ever filmed people and always followed all safety guidelines. Always filmed very early in the morning and in remote areas when no one was around. These times are gone.

I travel a good bit but never really thought about taking my P4 with me until recently when I took it to Phoenix (there is a thread in the SW section on it) and I had a blast. Will definitely take it with me more in the future. To the OP. I will check out your link, looking forward to reading about your travel experience.
Thank you. To be honest if one plans to go on a similar vacation in several EU countries I would seriously consider getting Mavic Pro instead for portability :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl