GS or Ground Station

Reaction score
im using GS in my ipad mini... i cant connect to my aircraft please help me how? thanks

I'm also having issues connecting the GS app with my ipad. I have the regular DJI app and that works fine, but it seems the GS app has more controls that I need; like adaptive turns and such. Is there any trick to linking the Phantom 2+ to the GS app? Someone please offer assistance, I seem to be at a dead end.
Thanks
Ronald

Morgon said:
Are you using the standalone Ground Station app, or the Ground Station feature of the regular Vision app?

yes sir, i am using the GS app stand alone in my ipad mini to PV2+....its always say can't find the aircraft.

TopFlightImagery said:
I'm also having issues connecting the GS app with my ipad. I have the regular DJI app and that works fine, but it seems the GS app has more controls that I need; like adaptive turns and such. Is there any trick to linking the Phantom 2+ to the GS app? Someone please offer assistance, I seem to be at a dead end.
Thanks
Ronald

what Phantom are you using? somebody told me that the GS app stand alone will not worked for PV2+.

dpdpkpcom said:
Yes, that had me foxed for a while too !!!

are you using the stand alone GS app? what phantom do you have? did you connect your phantom?

The standalone Ground Station was not made for the PV2+, which is why a 'lite' version is integrated into the normal DJI Vision app. The standalone GS App requires additional hardware that institutes its own 2.4 GHz channel, which interferes with the 2.4 GHz data connection.

I thought I saw some thread where someone had hacked their way into making it work, but since DJI decided to keep the terminology the same, it's difficult to search for. Maybe someone else will know what I'm referring to. But I think for 99% of people, "it's not compatible" is a proper answer.

Hey mannyx I just want to make sure,.., you do know that ground station is on the same app you fly fpv with right(vision app)? If you didn't know you just swipe the screen to the side for GS. If you did already know, sorry for giving a noob answer :)

Morgon said:
The standalone Ground Station was not made for the PV2+, which is why a 'lite' version is integrated into the normal DJI Vision app. The standalone GS App requires additional hardware that institutes its own 2.4 GHz channel, which interferes with the 2.4 GHz data connection.

I thought I saw some thread where someone had hacked their way into making it work, but since DJI decided to keep the terminology the same, it's difficult to search for. Maybe someone else will know what I'm referring to. But I think for 99% of people, "it's not compatible" is a proper answer.

thank you so much...

jasonb777 said:
Hey mannyx I just want to make sure,.., you do know that ground station is on the same app you fly fpv with right(vision app)? If you didn't know you just swipe the screen to the side for GS. If you did already know, sorry for giving a noob answer :)

yeah i found it in DJI vision app...turn on the ground station in the settings menu.... thank you very much

Thanks for all your answers.
I'm flying a PV2+
Android DJI app
Ipad GS app + DJI App

There seems to be a difference with the GS app and the android app, I can't set my adaptive turns on my DJI, but it looks like it is possible on the GS app. Am I correct? Are there any other functions on the GS app that not available on the DJI app? (Yes,I know there are both made by DJI)
Thanks for your input.
Ron

You're correct there's a difference, but the GS App is not out-of-the-box compatible with the PV2+. There are some threads that claim that they were able to get the (required) BT Module to work with it, but since it also runs on 2.4 GHz, there was often interference with the telemetry/video feed.

If you need the extended functionality of the Ground Station App, you'll likely need a non-Vision Phantom 2.
This page goes over the additional hardware you'll need http://skypixel.org/post/83254735947

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl