GS ipad internet

Reaction score
THe GS for PC can work offline but what with the ipad if you have first succeeded the new main controller login with a wifi internet connection:
can the ipad GS work w/o a 3G internet connection in the field?
I believe it downloads it's maps from google or bing
I have no 3G on my ipad, only wifi: can i use my ipad 4 for GS?

Yes, I believe you can (based on what I've read). You just need to preload the maps of the area you're flying in while online.
Just load Google Maps, browse the target area at various levels of magnification. This loads the maps in the cache.
Then when you're in the field, you don't need the internet.

You don't need internet connection while using the iPad Ground Station, just make sure you upload the maps completely on the flight area before hand. So when you zoom in and out their will be a clear map. And also don't activate a mobile hotspot while flying because it could interfere with the 2.4G transmission.

I haven't tried this, as I won't receive my Vision+ till Tuesday (4 days away... and the clocks running SLOW), but as I travel around allot I use mobile internet allot of the time. So why not just tether your Ipad to your phone? That's what I will do (probably by Bluetooth as the WiFi connection will need to be to the Camera). Or better still use a USB lead to tether it.... Just an idea guys... I might got it all wrong....lol

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj