Ground Station problems

Reaction score
I know I am gonna get a good slapping on this but here goes. From what I have read so far I don't need to add anything to use this app. other that the app it self. Now I now there is a add on for the older models but it doesn't say anything about the newer models. I am trying to use this on the Ipad Air,. Everything works fine but it can't find the aircraft...lol...like duh. Do I need this add on >>> http://www.dji.com/product/ipad-ground-station

Hi Moe

If your using a PV2+ you should be able to use the ground station feature in the existing app. Make sure Ground Station is ticked in the settings, your app and copter are updated to the latest firmware and lastly that you are defo connected to the p2v+ via WiFi.

I must be missing something or doing something wrong. Everything is turned on. When I open the app it scans and then states " can't find aircraft". Google maps and other features work.

I had one setting turned off in the setting area....the GS mode...lol...Like duh. :lol: The second mistake was I was trying to use that GS app I downloaded instead of the Vision app. Once the sun comes up and the temps outside get above 30 degs I will give it a try and get back with you guys with more trouble I got in..lol :oops:

BTW discobrother, I was looking at the settings on the Ipad to see if that was turned on not in the app itself....I told ya you have to get down to moe-ron mode before I understand it. :lol: I would rather fly with the Ipad hooked up to the controller than the I phone.

Well finally got to test out the GS. You guys rock on the advice :D . That video that was posted did the trick as far as proper set up. Using the Ipad Air for me was the way to go. When using the Iphone the icons are so small it was hard for this 60 year old fart to read. The Ipad was ten times easier for me to read. I had been playing with the set point, set it up and did a launch. All went well for first couple of runs. On the third one I got to close to a tree and the wind blew it into some limbs....lol...two blades down and a gimbal protector bit the dust. Thank goodness I ordered extras. I thought I messed the camera up too, but that is ok. Something that did happen that threw me for a loop was I was flying in GPS Mode just bee-bopping around and when I brought it back to me I lost all control. It wouldn't land, turn. move left to right...ect..ect. Even when I held the left stick down it wouldn't kill it. I finally got it to land....yepeeee> Flipped over a couple of time but no damage. Here is the kicker, I am in a huge parking lot beside a monster field. This ding bat comes up in a jeep not looking what he was doing, talking on his freakin cell phone and asking me direction....I was yelling for him to stop, he kept looking at me while still moving towards the DJI. Finally he got pissed and slammed on his breaks. About 2 foot from where it landed. I ran in front and picked it up. He just looked at me like I was a dummy. I would have hated to get arrested for murder if he ran over it....lol :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl