Ground Station & Phantom Vision 2 out of the box?

Reaction score
So I am looking through the forums trying to find a solution for why I can not connect to the iPad with my Phantom Vision 2 so that I might try the waypoint navigation. As I am reading through all the posts it appears everyone is using separate hardware to broadcast from the ground.

I had thought I read that you only need the data link and extra hardware if your using a Phantom version prior to the Phantom c. I thought I was reading that the Vision 2 and Vision 2 Plus was ground station ready.

To me that means plug-n-play. Get out your iPad, your phantom and go to town. But now after reading all these posts I am starting to wonder.

Can someone explain if the Phantom Vision 2 needs extra equipment or if it is indeed ready to go out of the box.

Thanks for your time!

Viro

Re: Ground Station & Phantom Vision 2 out of the box?

What app? I think if you go to store you only see GS app. Have to switch out of ipad only mode to see iPhone apps and download vision.

Guess the question is do you have the BTU or not? Dji is confusing ;)

DJI had a GS app on iTunes store so I downloaded it. Should I maybe have picked it up from another source?

UPDATE:

After studying the video that DJI had on the Phantom 2 Vision about Ground Station ability I noticed they were doing it on their phone. So I went to the settings on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (what I have been using all this time) and BAM! Ground Station Mode! I quickly enabled it, ran out side with the Phantom before the thunderstorm hit and DING DING DING!!! I can see the aircraft and set waypoints and the whole nine yards.

Main difference being Android vs. Apple. I would have rather used the iPad for the larger screen but the Note 3 has a fairly decent size screen so it is doable. From everything I had read I thought the ground station ability was an iPad only thing so I never bothered to look on the phone for that feature.

Thank you for the reply though, glad to know there is people up here willing to help!

Viro

Yes you have to enable it but you can run the same app on the iPad.

The problem is if your store is set to iPAD only you cant see the iPhone apps and wont see vision.

I recently went to the store, the only DJI app I saw was GS so I downloaded it. Could not make it work.

Then my uncle told me to change it so I was not just seeing iPad stuff in the store. I download the iphone version for the iPad and it worked.

Thanks rrmccabe, I am kinda a newbie Apple user and didn't know you could adjust the store setting for the iPad. I will definitely be looking into that now and download the correct app that works!

Thanks again!

Viro

Yea I am in the same boat. Only apple I own is the iPAD so just recently went though the same battle as you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl