Ground station functionality

Reaction score
Bit of a noob...

I want to ensure I have adequate coverage when shooting, and flying via Ground Station. I'm assuming I have to manually pick my waypoints, to ensure coverage? What reliable apps are there that can provide this functionality?

Thanks

Bit of a noob...

I want to ensure I have adequate coverage when shooting, and flying via Ground Station. I'm assuming I have to manually pick my waypoints, to ensure coverage? What reliable apps are there that can provide this functionality?

Thanks

There are any number of free (like the DJI Vision app) and paid (I have a paid app and there are others out there as well). All/most do waypoint.

Can you elaborate on what you want to achieve?

Thx...When flying over a farm, for instance, I want to make sure I get near 100% coverage. I think the out-of-the-box app only supports 16 waypoints, which is definitely not enough for larger areas.

16 waypoints is the limit unless you use something like PC Ground Station or iOS Ground Station. Those products are add-ons that (I believe) give additional waypoints.

That said however, 16 waypoints may be sufficient and I have a number of environmental companies using my app for land inspection and survey. What they do is to create a waypoint grid and use the continuous camera mode to take photos. The Phantom only needs points on the ends of the inspection area and the camera will take a photo every 1 second (or as configured).

Just an idea if that would suit your situation.

Reactions: DarylV
16 waypoints is the limit unless you use something like PC Ground Station or iOS Ground Station. Those products are add-ons that (I believe) give additional waypoints.

That said however, 16 waypoints may be sufficient and I have a number of environmental companies using my app for land inspection and survey. What they do is to create a waypoint grid and use the continuous camera mode to take photos. The Phantom only needs points on the ends of the inspection area and the camera will take a photo every 1 second (or as configured).

Just an idea if that would suit your situation.

That's a great point. Would only need the endpoints of the rectangle. That means 8 points per end, which is still not that many to ensure optimal overlap, i suspect

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers