Ground station behavior (when losing satellites)

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've searched the forum up and down and read everything in the manual about ground station but can't find any info on this.

What happens if I set up a ground station mission, the quad takes off, starts the mission and in the middle of the mission starts losing satellites, going below 6 sats?

Will it land where it is at the moment? Will it hover and wait for my input (drifting in the wind, since it's effectively in atti mode).

Hope someone can shed light on this topic for me.
I'm eager to try this feature but too scared because of this unresolved question.

Thank you so much in advance.

I am not certain. But I'd imagine it will be fine unless it gets to 3 or less. It may stop and wait. I've never experienced this issue, however. Just make sure your altitude is high enough and don't worry too much! It can handle a lot :)

For anyone finding this. I turned to the dji support and this is what they told me.

If the FC lost GPS signal in the mid of the mission, then the aircraft will drift until it going back to above 6 sats, it will back to its course.
It will not hover or auto land.
It is recommended to take back the control with RC, and land the aircraft if the GPS signal is not enough to lock the aircraft.

This might be a problem if you your phantom is doing a mission not in visual.

What then probably happens, is if it regains the satelite in GPS, it will restart the mission from beginning instead of continuing from the moment it lost satelite contact?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl