Grinding noise from brand new Phantom

Reaction score
Prox. two months ago I purchased Phantom 2 gimbal combo from my local dealer . Because I was wary busy with my work and combination of unsuitable wether and new firmware upgrade (I didn't won't to install right after release ) I postponed my test flights to this weekend.First thing after taking the Phantom from a box ,before doing al upgrades and calibrations I inserted charged batterie and without probes let the motors run for few minutes and then check the temperature of each motor. When moving sticks around (yow stick) I noticed wary short girding noise from both front motors (yow stick to left ,left motor noise) The grinding noise last less then 1 sec. and frequency between next noise are not same . During the grinding the Phantom shakes and red light below the motor flickers . My question is ; did anyone had the same problem on P2;
should I retune it back to dealer (his return policy is 14 days and I have it for 2 months ,but never used ,no stickers on, no firmware upgrade)
;or should I keep testing if the noise goes away and keep detailed record in case it costs a crash ,to be able to present it to DJI
Thanks in advance for your responds.

Does it sound like a chirping noise? That'll happen sometimes when you run the motors without props. Do the front motors get hot? Do the they turn smoothly by hand?

The motors run smooth , temperature is normal (the same as back ones ); but I never noticed this noise with my P1 when testing without the props.
Thanks for reply

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl