Greetings from Florida

Reaction score
Hi, all! I'm Eddie. I live just north of Orlando. I'm 62 years old and my P3S is my first drone/quadcopter/sUAS. Flew RC planes years ago and tried flying RC helis. That didn't work out so well but I got really good at repairing them!

I'm having fun with my P3 and looking forward to getting better at flying. I've piped up on a couple of threads already but mostly just reading and learning.

Thanks for all the info that's here on the forum and looking forward to learning more!

Hello Eddie,
Welcome to the family! I'm 44yrs old and frightening similarity in our journey here. I started with cars/boats/trucks, went to gliders/fixed wing, then as most onto heli ( failed horribly with heli's )
So I got older bought a p2v non plus, flew 2 years, learning ORIENTATION!
I recently bought a new 3D heli, from flying phantom so much, actually taught me to be a better heli pilot. I've not gone inverted yet ( still in tail forward stage ) but I logged over 150 flights now, no incidents! I was really pleased with that.

If you can learn to fly phantom, with front facing ANY direction, and fly equally well any direction, you can handle a heli no problem! ( i.e.: fly phantom all around ( like you normally fly ) but with battery facing forward ALL the time, then left side forward, right side forward, ect....
I've had a blast so far, met a BUNCH of great people here! Hope you have as much fun here!

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot
Sarasota, Fl.
:cool:

Reactions: EddieM
Well, not really. The whole city is basically controlled airspace because of Orlando-Sanford Airport. Also there are two seaplane bases on Lake Jessup, one on Lake Monroe and a helipad at the hospital. The only one I contact is the Sanford airport tower and they've been really good to deal with. And I usually only call them if I'm going higher than the trees! I'm within the 5 mile zone, so I want to do the right thing. The hospital helipad is not very active and neither are the seaplane bases. I'm not even sure the Lake Monroe one is active anymore. So, I don't even bother. Besides, if any planes or helis are as low as I'm flying, we've got way bigger issues!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm in Magnolia Point off 50 near the turnpike. Yea, we are on Johns Lake. That's where I fly most of the time. By the way, I repair broken P3 cameras for fun. I only repair the A and the P

I'm in Magnolia Point off 50 near the turnpike. Yea, we are on Johns Lake. That's where I fly most of the time. By the way, I repair broken P3 cameras for fun. I only repair the A and the P
Nice! I'm off of lakeshore south. I fly an inspire, and blade 350qx3. About to start building my first racing drone with my son.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20