Good Day Phantom Pilots!

DMFCAVU

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Greetings from Ohio! I’ve been lurking in the forum for years, looking for others who may have had similar issues with P3s/P4s and how those issues were solved. Finally joined last November. There certainly is a wealth of experience on the site, keep up the great work.

Started flying drones in 2015, was one of the first recipients of a 333, first drone was a P3. First flight - less than a minute and it was in a tree, 65’. Creatively rescued it.

I wish I could say that was my last tree encounter, but that simply wouldn’t be accurate. It was however the first of many lessons learned the hard (sometimes costly) way.

Since then, many different UAVs have been flown, skills have improved and projects have gotten more complex.

Thanks for this mighty fine resource,

Dennis

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!👍

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome aboard!

Welcome from Canada!

Reactions: Mavikhan
Greetings from Ohio! I’ve been lurking in the forum for years, looking for others who may have had similar issues with P3s/P4s and how those issues were solved. Finally joined last November. There certainly is a wealth of experience on the site, keep up the great work.

Started flying drones in 2015, was one of the first recipients of a 333, first drone was a P3. First flight - less than a minute and it was in a tree, 65’. Creatively rescued it.

I wish I could say that was my last tree encounter, but that simply wouldn’t be accurate. It was however the first of many lessons learned the hard (sometimes costly) way.

Since then, many different UAVs have been flown, skills have improved and projects have gotten more complex.

Thanks for this mighty fine resource,

Dennis
I have a phatom 2 vision plus connects to iphone with all telemtry ie. GPS, height, etc. I can control camera up and down, take and save pics, video to SD card, but
there is no video to the iphone. I believe its one of the cables, any ideas and any help would be appreciated.
Yhanks, my first post. Bill

I have a phatom 2 vision plus connects to iphone with all telemtry ie. GPS, height, etc. I can control camera up and down, take and save pics, video to SD card, but
there is no video to the iphone. I believe its one of the cables, any ideas and any help would be appreciated.
Yhanks, my first post. Bill
Bill, sorry for the late reply, I must not have selected the notification option.

I assume you've tried a new cable to the iPhone? Just to be certain and rule out the possibility, can you try a different mobile device? The iPhone connectors can fail.

If you've had a hard landing it could have loosened a cable from its connector. Most of the cables use a "ZIF" connector - "Zero Insertion Force". Typically there's a tiny piece that's part of the receptacle that flips up and down, maybe 30-90 degrees, once flipped up from the latched position, just gently pull the cable out or push it in if it's noticeably loose. It may have just loosened over time as well.

And then there's always corrosion on the cable and connector contacts. You can use a pencil eraser on the cable, always going in a direction that tensions the cable, not bunches it up. For the receptacle - a quick shot of contact cleaner or perhaps use a q-tip designed for cleaning electronics to avoid leaving lint behind.

Tha'ts were I would start.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic