Great Deal on a New P3P!

I got my P3P from him but unfortunately he screwed me on expedited shipping in a deliberate attempt to put one over on me. Paid for $49 for fedex express saver, he sent it out Home Delivery (the free option). When I bought it to his attention he apologized for the mistake and told me he contacted fedex to have it corrected. Still showed up Home delivery. Called fedex no attempt of any sort to upgrade was made nor is it even possible. Contacted him again, refused to refund my money. During the course of the conversation he inadvertently revealed he deliberately sent it out ground and basically pocketed the extra. The apology of the mistake and the supposed call to fedex was a complete fabrication. I told him I would drop the case if he could simply prove that the fedex upgrade took place, send me the paperwork or have his rep call me. Nothing. Turns out he has done this same scam to other Phantom buyers, saw another negative on there today with this (wasn't me).

You will most likely get your Phantom but this guy is shady and has proven to me and others to be a liar and is happy to steal your money. So just keep that in mind. Stick to the free shipping.

Did you ever get your $49 back Norman? I figured this would've been resolved with your CC already. The seller is a "typical" online NY/NJ seller offering bargain pricing but seeking any method(s) possible to try and pad their pockets. I just bought an extra P3P from him, had been on the fence for a while but just couldn't resist. Worse case scenario is it will sit in a box until needed or perhaps I'll unload it down the road should I get second thoughts or decide to purchase something different. I figure for this kind of money, no one is likely to to lose much.

Reactions: NormanNormal
Forgive me, I found it and just bought myself a "spare" new P3P for $754.00 delivered. Thanks for the heads up on this additional $25!!!

No problem. Glad you got on it. I'm currently on the standard and was thinking of going pro. Standard seems to be working well for me now. Just don't know if I should make the jump. I tend to do more photography over video. On my standard I have 3 batteries which makes me want to stay with the P3. The P4 is nice, but not sure I want to start that process over. Decisions decisions.

Look. We all want the best possible price. But step back for just a second.
Here is the fact

1 just about everywhere P3P is selling for 999 online or 999 plus tax locally
2. I have search. Even P4A is all selling for $799.
3. Everyone. Including myself. Received the quad. It is unopened new and latest

No matter how u cut it. At this moment. Buying from this seller is the best deal around by a large margin

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Did you ever get your $49 back Norman? I figured this would've been resolved with your CC already. The seller is a "typical" online NY/NJ seller offering bargain pricing but seeking any method(s) possible to try and pad their pockets. I just bought an extra P3P from him, had been on the fence for a while but just couldn't resist. Worse case scenario is it will sit in a box until needed or perhaps I'll unload it down the road should I get second thoughts or decide to purchase something different. I figure for this kind of money, no one is likely to to lose much.

Not yet, I bought it with Paypal Credit so I am at their mercy and still going through the dispute process. However it's very cut and dry regardless of his lies and excuses as I have all the documentation on my side and he has nothing. So I expect the money back.

I don't blame you from buying from him even though I dislike him and his methods. No one else can touch his price and he does ship quickly and for free. Good luck with your "spare", wish I could do that right now. Would be a nice secure feeling to have a backup sitting in a box should the worst happen. Like you said, if you don't use it, you can always unload it later or whatever you want. Especially with the coupon from ebay, this deal is just unbeatable.

No problem. Glad you got on it. I'm currently on the standard and was thinking of going pro. Standard seems to be working well for me now. Just don't know if I should make the jump. I tend to do more photography over video. On my standard I have 3 batteries which makes me want to stay with the P3. The P4 is nice, but not sure I want to start that process over. Decisions decisions.
The pro use the same battery as your standard. You can share

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When the $779 price first was posted here on the forum early Sunday morning, I was also thinking it must be quite a margin since this guy obviously isn't losing money with each sale. Now we have 3-4 threads about the listing and many seem to be jumping on it.

For me, all of the negative feedbacks for the seller make me nervous. 90 in a year is close to 2 negative feedbacks per week. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to risk my $$ on someone with so much bad feedback.

Are you guys just ignoring the feedback, or thinking it's just a small percentage of his total feedback?

I took a chance and ended up being a happy customer in the end. I usually buy only from sellers with 99.x% feedback. and seeing the positive experience from other buyers was a boost as well.

there is one buyer here that paid for expedited shipping and ended up with a ground shipment. that's the only complaint I've seen on the boards against THEPIXELHUB.

edit: mentioned above.

I have a P3P with about 20 flights on it. Picked up a "spare" P3S on Craigslist for $395, sealed, just to have fun with and for friends to fly if we go out (I have 3 batteries). I somehow just hit the BUY button on this guy for $754 (with $15 ebay bucks, so $739 effective). I have absolutely no use for this thing but just couldn't say no. **** tax return just HAD TO show up today! :p

I have a P3P with about 20 flights on it. Picked up a "spare" P3S on Craigslist for $395, sealed, just to have fun with and for friends to fly if we go out (I have 3 batteries). I somehow just hit the BUY button on this guy for $754 (with $15 ebay bucks, so $739 effective). I have absolutely no use for this thing but just couldn't say no. **** tax return just HAD TO show up today! :p

Looks like you have caught the Phantom bug and there is no cure. :D

Yes I know. Just have to justify if it's worth the jump. Any of you guys come from the standard to professional?

yup. distance in my wifi-saturated neighborhood is only slightly further but it's much more solid maintaining a good video signal. when I'm in the boonies, the range goes further than I'm comfortable with. the remote controller is much, much better. I love the solid device mount and the 2 customizable buttons that allow me freedom from tapping at my phone to perform certain functions. it was worth the upgrade for me. the P3S is a solid machine and I was perfectly happy with it but the P3P gives me so much more confidence when I'm flying it because I can see what it's doing instead of flying blind in some instances with my P3S.

Speaking as a guy with a Standard and Advanced and Professional. The Standard has a better camera for photography and 2.7k video. The Standard camera lens does not have the minor outer distortion on the outer edges of the frame. Actually the Standard camera has many of the corrections the P4 lens has. If you need higher res video than the Professional is king. For best of all photo/video than it's P4.

Reactions: JoBe
Speaking as a guy with a Standard and Advanced and Professional. The Standard has a better camera for photography and 2.7k video. The Standard camera lens does not have the minor outer distortion on the outer edges of the frame. Actually the Standard camera has many of the corrections the P4 lens has. If you need higher res video than the Professional is king. For best of all photo/video than it's P4.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still on the fence with this P3P sale. I tend to do more photography, so I think what I have is fine. But then again, it's not 4k. lol

Thanks for the feedback. I'm still on the fence with this P3P sale. I tend to do more photography, so I think what I have is fine. But then again, it's not 4k. lol

I think plenty of the P3P owners are in the same boat that I am. I can record in 4k, however, I have nothing to watch 4k video on. My iMac is only 2K and my TVs are standard HD. So I can render the video in 4K and upload it to Youtube, but I can't watch the results in 4K. I think plenty of users just think 4K means it's better. If you look at the YouTube video stats, you'll see that less than one percent of the world is actually watching in 4K. People will stream a YouTube video in 4K to their system, but YouTube has to convert it to the resolution of their monitor, which is not 4K. By the time 4K is mainstream, there will be the Phantom 7 on the market.

What I end up doing is recording all video in 2.7 K and then uploading it to YouTube. YouTube gets a bit fussy with 2.7 K and sometimes just converts it to 1080P 60 FPS. 2.7 K still lets me crop and zoom in as I wish and I save some space on my harddrive for not have files twice as large.

Who knows I will also buy one for spares and my experimentations. :)
I went ahead and bought one of his P3Ps. Now what am I going to do with it? I guess I'll sell my P3A for cheap.

It's already been covered here but be careful. I just bought another brand new P3P from B&H for $920. Got it last Thursday...FedEx'd it back to B&H for an exchange Saturday. Brand new straight out of the box the camera was out of focus in the center of the frame! No hassle, huge apologies from the CS guy at B&H. For the inconvenience, they're sending the new one two day delivery for free when they receive the other P3P back from me. I'll have a different brand new P3P to replace the defective one by end of this week. Boom.

My understanding of how this particular seller works, and lots of sellers. They are selling out of a warehouse. It is NOT their warehouse, but a storage facility. They sell the item, then the company they buy it from ships to the address they give them. So lots of times, the api's or autoship system does not interact with eachother and the person takes the heat for it. Yes, they might lie to cover their ***, but it is normally on the backend in the software or in the warehouse that is causing the hickup and the seller gets the heat for it.

Not condoning it, just an observation.

As for the pricing, we can all be sure that they are clearing out all old stock to make room for the latest P4 effectively discontinuing the P3 and liquidating all remaining stock.

When the $779 price first was posted here on the forum early Sunday morning, I was also thinking it must be quite a margin since this guy obviously isn't losing money with each sale. Now we have 3-4 threads about the listing and many seem to be jumping on it.

For me, all of the negative feedbacks for the seller make me nervous. 90 in a year is close to 2 negative feedbacks per week. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to risk my $$ on someone with so much bad feedback.

Are you guys just ignoring the feedback, or thinking it's just a small percentage of his total feedback?

I bought an Advanced from them and the transaction was as good as ANY other transaction I have done on eBay... Delivered promptly, everything as described. I too was concerned but the results are perfect.

Reactions: JoBe
yup. distance in my wifi-saturated neighborhood is only slightly further but it's much more solid maintaining a good video signal. when I'm in the boonies, the range goes further than I'm comfortable with. the remote controller is much, much better. I love the solid device mount and the 2 customizable buttons that allow me freedom from tapping at my phone to perform certain functions. it was worth the upgrade for me. the P3S is a solid machine and I was perfectly happy with it but the P3P gives me so much more confidence when I'm flying it because I can see what it's doing instead of flying blind in some instances with my P3S.
I too am wondering if it is worth the jump from a pv2+ to a p3 pro. I currently only get about 750 to 1000 ft in my wifi saturated neighborhood. With my fpvlr stage 2 upgrade i now get 1500 to 2000 ft. What i want is more distance. But i am afraid i will not get much better distance than my current 1500 to 2000 ft.

I too am wondering if it is worth the jump from a pv2+ to a p3 pro. I currently only get about 750 to 1000 ft in my wifi saturated neighborhood. With my fpvlr stage 2 upgrade i now get 1500 to 2000 ft. What i want is more distance. But i am afraid i will not get much better distance than my current 1500 to 2000 ft.
I'm just shocked at these 2000ft range limitations. After finally breaking the 15k ft range mark. I went over s university with major wifi. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: liketogethigh
I'm just shocked at these 2000ft range limitations. After finally breaking the 15k ft range mark. I went over s university with major wifi. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks for your reply. I guess the only way to find out how far I can go on a P3 is to purchase one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers