Grand Canyon skywalk

Reaction score
Has has anyone been to the Grand Canyon. My parents are taking me there in a couple of months and i think that we are going to go on the Skywalk. Is it worth it?
P.S.: And is it allowed to film with a quadcopter?

I haven't been to the skywalk though I've been to the canyon many times. Flying in grand canyon national park is not allowed and you could be arrested and fined.
The skywalk side of the canyon is not NP but Indian reservation and they have their own laws. I wouldn't fly there unless I had special permission from some officials there.

knuckles stated that very well. As for the skywalk, I call it a little on the bad information side. The walk is about 1.3 miles from the river and only on one of the deep side gouges of the canyon. I guess it would be interesting, but if you want to really see the area take the trails down to the river, stay at the Phantom Ranch, and hike back up the next day. That is the way to really see that area. I have done it three times over the years. Fantastic!

Here's my nickle's worth, and I have been there many times.

Any opportunity to see any part of the Grand Canyon is well worth the time. ;) Really.

Your folks want you to see it with them. :D Seriously, do that.

Go, enjoy, and take pics of your Phantom hanging from some fishing line. I don't think I would start the motors though, not in the NP (National Park). Yeah, that last line may not be so serious but, it would make for, well who knows, at least a topic of discussion. :lol:

IflyinWY said:
Go, enjoy, and take pics of your Phantom hanging from some fishing line.
That would be cool but I bet that will get the FAA's panties in a bunch! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl