Gps

Only get 9 gps how do I get more
You don't have a choice to how many satellites you acquire. Move to another location that has a clear view of the sky with no obstacles. The GPS reciever is in the top center of the aircraft. That is the only way. Tree branches or anything that obstructs a full view will cause problems.

Reactions: DKG13CC
You really only need 3 anyway. Or 4 for optimal accuracy.
Really? You don't even get "Ready to Fly" until at least 6. I never fly without a minimum of 11....

My P3S fluctuates between 9 and 11, similar to Fly Dawg I won’t fly with less than that though, a little less than him. My P3A and MP pick up far more satellites.

You really only need 3 anyway. Or 4 for optimal accuracy.

Um that is not exactly true, in practical real world conditions. In a perfect world, the mathematics tell us that you need a minimum of 3 to establish an accurate location on a flat 2-D space. In 3-D space you need a minimum of 4 to establish that one unique point. However, in real world implementation you still need more than 4 in order to acquire initial GPS lock quickly, compensate for errors, deal with partial blockage of signal or loss of a satellite, increase accuracy, and other factors.

So yes if you are in your car and you get only 4 satellites, you can deal with it. However when you are flying a drone and need precise quick positioning in 3 dimensions, then 4 satellites just doesn't cut it.

So yes if you are in your car and you get only 4 satellites, you can deal with it. However when you are flying a drone and need precise quick positioning in 3 dimensions, then 4 satellites just doesn't cut it.
Exactly where I was going with that.

If I see “Ready to Go” then im good with it. Ive flown with as many as 16 and as little as 7 with no difference in performance whatsoever. 9 is great.

Reactions: griffwyn

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj