GPS Trackers?

Wow . The Trackmo is over 1/4 pound hanging off the P3. That's like carrying a Big Mac around. That just seems like a lot of weight.

Its less then 1/2 of that even.. The trackimo is only 40 grams or about 1.4oz

Item Weight 4.2 ounces
Product Dimensions 1.8 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches

Thats got to either be a typo or the shipping weight because they also come with a charger and some other accessories such as a belt clip, back and a magnet that can be used with the velcro back to stick it on to a car or what not plus a tiny screw driver and extra screws for the different backs that it comes with and a few other odds and ends. But I think the 4.2 oz item weight might be a typo if its not the shipping weight. Being that if i put mine on a scale its actually 42 grams

You are correct. They posted the shipping total weight the same as the Item Weight. Looking to the right side of that page, this info showed up, and they say shipping weight 4.2 Oz They need to get their shlt together and list things correctly.
Product Information
Product Packaging:Standard Packaging
Technical Details
Item Weight 4.2 ounces
Product Dimensions 1.8 x 1.6 x 0.7 inches
Origin Imported (China)
Item model number Trackimo
Batteries 1 Lithium ion batteries required. (included)
Warranty 1 year
Battery Life 48 hours

Additional Information
ASIN B00JP5X698
Customer Reviews
124 customer reviews

3.9 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank #10 in Electronics > Car Electronics > Vehicle Tracking and Monitoring Modules
#13 in Electronics > GPS & Navigation > GPS Trackers
#37 in Sports & Outdoors > Sports & Fitness > Hunting & Fishing > Hunting > Game Tracking & Trail Monitoring
Shipping Weight 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
Domestic Shipping Item can be shipped within U.S.
International Shipping This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
Date First Available January 1, 2014

Thanks a lot James, that will change my mind about whether or not to buy it. Do you find it easy to use?

Reactions: jointeffort
Ya I think its pretty easy to use the trackimo and the hardest part is just making sure to press the button the right way to turn it on before flying. Which is just like the p2 and p3 batterys power button were you need to push it once then again and hold it down till it turns on.

It usually works real well to get a location on the map any place thats out side. Tho some times if its in my house it will not get a clear signal and will try to show its location at the nearest cell tower thats about 3/4s of a mile from my house. Then other times it still will get a good location fix even if in side the house and even if I put it in my case and forget to turn it off.

Before that I had a tracker called a pocket finder that was the biggest pcs of crap ever. It was always giveing me false locations and would also alart me all the time when it was moving even if it was sitting here in front of me it would show it on the map moving all over town and some times as far as 10 miles away. Then after a small crash one time with the pocket finder it busted and the internal cell antenna snapped off the board inside the enclosed shell of the thing. and I busted it open to repair it and it happened again on a crash that was pretty mild and it never would locate again after that. Then to top it off the co made it next to impossible to cancel the servis and they wanted to try and keep charging me every month after the free trial ended.

Tho I have yet to have any crashes that have harmed the trackimo just from takeing it all apart when I first got it to make sure it was going to hold up better then the pocker finder. The trackimo is built much more solid and it also has every thing up against other stuff with nothing critical that just sticks out or in a place it can be crushed or just snapped off from nothing more then just some inertia during a crash in to some grass like the other pos pocket finder that can break even from dropping out of ones hand on to the floor.

Reactions: jointeffort
I'm still torn on what GPS tracker to get. I'm in a dilemma
I could be wrong, but so far I have seen three different kinds in here….
Trackimo, Marco Polo, and GetterBack
Are there any other types that I'm missing? Is there a specific website that sells GPS trackers (these ones and more)?
I like Trackimo, because of the size and weight, but during the summer there will be a good chance I will be flying it (my drone) where there is very limited (or actually none) cell coverage
I like Marco Polo because it doesn't need cell coverage, but I don't really want to pay over $300 (CAD) for it.
I'm hoping to keep it less than $200 CAD if I can.

I'm thinking the same as you. i like the $5.00 annual fee for the Trackimo and the 1 year free so far. I'm with you on limited Cell coverage, especially here in Montana in the mountains. What to do .... ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr