GPS tracker?

Reaction score
Hi I new in this with drons butt i understand ther are menny ho lost ther Phantoms so i wunder whay not put a gps tracker on them? sorry abote my englis

They do or many anyway . Search trackers here http://tinyurl.com/qx9o33t and you will what just what all use . I use a TK102B
Welcome to the forum Gunnar :)

Reactions: WildEMT
I bought Rf-v16 and did some tests last night. First thing I did was teather my P2V to a heavy 4x4 to keep it from flying away. I placed the tracker on the bottom side of the drone to keep it away from the GPS antenna. for testing, I taped it in place with blue painters tape. I took off and hovered at about 10' off the ground and left it in GPS mode. Winds were at 5-10mph and variable in direction.

• Test 1: Hovering with the tracker on. Pass. No issues noted. The drone stayed in place.
  • Test 2: Hovering: Requested status from the tracker. No issues noted.
  • Test 3:Hovering: Requested location from tracker. No drone issues noted. Tracker highly inaccurate. Repeated multiple times with the same poor tracking results. Error >1000'.
  • Test 4: Hovering: Turned on tracker auto data upload. This send location information to the server. Set the time frame for 1 min between uploads. No issues noted.
  • Test 5: Landed, motors stopped, power still on. Requested tracking info. No drone issues noted. Tracking information more accurate. Error <50'. Could hear the tracker's speaker when calling it from the reported location. This would make finding it easier.
  • Test 6: Took the drone into the woods and laid it on its side with the batteries on. Tracker information became innacurate again (>1000' error in opposite direction of test 3).
  • Test 7: Removed the tracker from the drone, moved the drone about 100' away, left the tracker in the woods. Same innaccuracy as test 6.
Conclusion:
  • Flying the drone with the Rf-v16 attached, even in auto send mode, had no adverse effects during teathered hovers.
  • The accuracy of the Rf-v16 is poor. When it works, it is great, however, when it doesn't, you have a 2000+' diameter circle to work through.

Attachments

• 2015-08-05 19.00.38.jpg
    2015-08-05 19.00.38.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 300

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl