Gps signal lost at height!

Reaction score
Hi,
I was flying somewhere which I flied more than 10 times.
  • At the ground satellite count 19-20.
  • After take of dropped 15.
  • Dropped 4-5 at 150mt height and 550mt distance,
  • Pulled back to home point and found 16-17 satellite again at same height,
  • Flight exactly opposite way to check but again lost GPS signal at the distance of 450mt,
  • Pulled back to home point again but never keep satellite qty stable,
  • A moment 14-15 after that 4-5
First time I had problem with GPS signal.
Do you have any idea ?

Interference from something.....check the area. Did you walk it around too? That's all I have sounds like everything is working so interference?

Interference from something.....check the area. Did you walk it around too? That's all I have sounds like everything is working so interference?

I was not walking and as I said I flied there many times.
What kind of interference it could be?

I ment after you were done.... Radio interference, a distant thunderstorm, go back and repeat the flight again see if it was a temporary anomaly? Bring something like Garmin GPS see if they both repeat the loss.

:) happiness my friend you asked a gave you what I had.

Edit did a search with, what can knock out GPS signals came up with an interesting amount of possibilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: domdoha
I ment after you were done.... Radio interference, a distant thunderstorm, go back and repeat the flight again see if it was a temporary anomaly? Bring something like Garmin GPS see if they both repeat the loss.

:) happiness my friend you asked a gave you what I had.

Edit did a search with, what can knock out GPS signals came up with an interesting amount of possibilities.
:)

Cracked GPS antenna? Has it had any sort of crash / impact?

My old flamewheel based quad was very erratic with sats and turned out to be that.

Cracked GPS antenna? Has it had any sort of crash / impact?

My old flamewheel based quad was very erratic with sats and turned out to be that.

Touch wood! No crash or even hard landing yet.
I'll go to the same location tomorrow. We'll see?!?

Try a different location miles away, same altitude.

The higher you go the more chance there is of picking up interference from all sorts of things.
I remember a few years ago a marina in the UK seemed to be a black spot with no GPS signal. A big problem for visiting boats.
It turned out an amplified TV aerial on one of the houseboats was jamming the whole area.
It is worrying just how easy it is to jam gps

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan