GPS replacement

Reaction score
Hello out there. Hope everyone’s happily droning. I have not been able to fly or be on the forum for a while. My question today concerns moving a gps from one top shell to a new top shell. I was attempting to remove the gray shield that protects the gps itself. Even after carefully heating the cover, of course on the last corner it tore. Being ignorant to the function of the shield... will this affect the gps, or any other function, of the ac. I have explored several avenues for a new gps and cover but can only find one for the se.

Thanks to anyone reading this post. Any advice or response is greatly appreciated.

Hello out there. Hope everyone’s happily droning. I have not been able to fly or be on the forum for a while. My question today concerns moving a gps from one top shell to a new top shell. I was attempting to remove the gray shield that protects the gps itself. Even after carefully heating the cover, of course on the last corner it tore. Being ignorant to the function of the shield... will this affect the gps, or any other function, of the ac. I have explored several avenues for a new gps and cover but can only find one for the se.

Thanks to anyone reading this post. Any advice or response is greatly appreciated.
No I don't think a tear on the corner cause issue,if GPS is fully covered it's ok,you can buy rolls of this shield tape,,price in my nz$ so might be cheaper where your at,,,hardwareshope might even sell,,,,,,just piece of fine rubber with this tape be perfect if unhappy with tear
Screenshot_20190728-094550.jpg
Screenshot_20190728-094515.jpg

Reactions: Capt KO
No I don't think a tear on the corner cause issue,if GPS is fully covered it's ok,you can buy rolls of this shield tape,,price in my nz$ so might be cheaper where your at,,,hardwareshope might even sell,,,,,,just piece of fine rubber with this tape be perfect if unhappy with tearView attachment 113287View attachment 113288

Thank you for the reply. I just noticed when it tore it has what appears to be a thin layer of copper between the gray coating. Did not know if that was part of the antenna part of the gps. I did not to reassemble and have an issue. Better to ask a dumb question huh...Thanks again for all the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers