gps question?

Today I had a tough time getting and holding sat lock.
Flew same area I always fly. Perfectly clear sky's. I really think this 3.0 firmware is buggy.
I rember with my F450 sometimes when I upgraded firmware it would change.

pyrophantom said:
There is a "find my phantom" gps feature

Keep in mind that this function only records the last point that the Vision is linked back to the wifi range extender. I had my first P2V fly away back in February when I was trying to break 50mph. :oops: I scoured the area that the app told me was the "last known location". I never was able to locate the quad (still missing). I suspect that was the last location before I lost my wifi signal. At that speed it probably got a significant distance before landing/crashing.

Mori55 said:
Today I had a tough time getting and holding sat lock.
Flew same area I always fly. Perfectly clear sky's. I really think this 3.0 firmware is buggy.
I rember with my F450 sometimes when I upgraded firmware it would change.

Why have you just chucked this same comment into this thread when somebody has already given you the likely explanation in your thread? viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13504

I wanted a different opinion , isn't this a gps thread? Not everyone reads all the threads. Does it reall y bother you that much ?

anybody want to take a quick 5 second look, to see the surrounding area and trees, at this video i made and guesstimate how far i got before my p2v+ goes into failsafe mode. it's like that everywhere where I live with either trees or buildings.

p.s. does anyone know if flying by cell phone towers etc. cause and interference?
I'm making a video and I'm going to need to fly within 50 feet of a tower that i THINK is for cell phones. but if there's any danger i'll try to make a big loop around it

neoneo said:
anybody want to take a quick 5 second look, to see the surrounding area and trees, at this video i made and guesstimate how far i got before my p2v+ goes into failsafe mode. it's like that everywhere where I live with either trees or buildings.

p.s. does anyone know if flying by cell phone towers etc. cause and interference?
I'm making a video and I'm going to need to fly within 50 feet of a tower that i THINK is for cell phones. but if there's any danger i'll try to make a big loop around it

im an idiot. i never posted the link to the video smh: http://youtu.be/MW4XZjiBUoo

Another gps Q...
I launched from my 19th floor balcony with 5 satellites. Eventually with altitude I see on screen that I have 6+ but the Vision+ Is still blinking yellow in non-gps mode. I assumed it would go to gps mode and I could manually program a new home coordinate but was wrong.
Any ideas how to get it to switch over? Land and restart motors maybe?
Will try tomorrow...
Thanks, all...
J

Geoffdb said:
Another gps Q...
I launched from my 19th floor balcony with 5 satellites. Eventually with altitude I see on screen that I have 6+ but the Vision+ Is still blinking yellow in non-gps mode. I assumed it would go to gps mode and I could manually program a new home coordinate but was wrong.
Any ideas how to get it to switch over? Land and restart motors maybe?
Will try tomorrow...
Thanks, all...
J

idk if this will help but when you land the plane and switch s2 (left switch) down and up 5 times it will change the home point. as far as it switching back and forth between rtf and rtf (no gps) according to how many satellites you have, i think it will switch back and forth only if you start with gps. don't quote me on that though

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20