GPS May Not Work For DJI Drones? After April 6th 2019 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Just wondering if anyone has heard the news that our current GPS satellites will be in a returning mode which means the binary codes which are currently used will revert back to 0 Zero, This will take place on April 6th 2019? Just wondering if any of you know of an upcoming firmware update that DJI may be working on to counter this possible catastrophe ? Man if the drones can't receive the GPS connections well No more return to home functions and could potentially lose stabilization problems. Let me know if you have any update info.
Thanks Guy's
SteveP55

Reactions: roosta and Nesher
Just wondering if any of you know of an upcoming firmware update that DJI may be working on to counter this possible catastrophe ?
This is a well known issue. I wouldn't be concerned with any GPS reciever that is newer than mid to late 1990's. Most everything past that date should not be affected, IMO.

Reactions: daenfd and Nesher
This is a well known issue. I wouldn't be concerned with any GPS reciever that is newer than mid to late 1990's. Most everything past that date should not be affected, IMO.
Thanks Fly Dawg,
I'll be cautious just for the sake of being safe not sorry ! LOL
SteveP55

Hi Ansia,
Maybe, but as you should know one must always be ready for anything, sure ATTI mode is great, but what IF, you just happen to be out of the line of sight and happen to get confused on your where abouts , and you need RTH, guess what NO RTH. That's the worst scenario. Not saying it will fighter pilot BUT YOU JUST NEVER KNOW.....
Thanks for the reply
SteveP55

Reactions: Ti Drone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31