GPS Issue of Used Phantom 2

Yeah, when it is in naza mode it goes back to the green red red red pattern. Any advice on getting out the stripped screw out? I'm worried about damaging the board being too rough with it.

Not really. Get your best fitting screwdriver, press down quite hard. Maybe try a small flathead screwdriver if you have one that will fit, it's pretty small. Worse case, drill it off. Once you drill the head off you should be able to remove the board and grab the stub that's left with pliers and unscrew it. You will need a new screw of course, or just leave it with three if it seems sturdy.

0d5381ba27.jpg

That's the underside with my gimbal and vtx

e1d06ef893.jpg

Here's the gps module, the last screw is stripped which is proving to be rather difficult to remove ):

I have tried switching it to Naza mode, and it still blinks no/low satellites.
Seller responded to my inquiry about the GPS, said that he didn't have any problems with it before shipping it to me, but he has also removed the video of the test flight from youtube.

Pry up on the GPS module while removing that screw and it should come cut. And quite worrying about switching to the naza mode as it has no more influence on satellites then the phantom mode does.

The GPS antenna has one solder connection but is held onto the board with double back tape so you will have to pry it off if it is damaged.

I replaced my antenna a while ago, a good trick is to use dental floss unterneath, to get as much of the doublesided tape off. Also to make a slight pull underneath the antenna when soldering it off.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl