GPS Enhancer Legit???

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on these things... Looks to me as if it would hinder the signal, but it claims to enhance it... Thoughts???
That's a pre-cut foil mod for people that don't do their own.
It goes under the GPS antenna and blocks the spurious signal that comes from your wifi and keeps the GPS clear of interference.
DJI finally included something like this in the late P2V+ but most definitely benefit (lots) from this.
Search for foil mod to see what the fuss is all about.

Reactions: captblast
I have done all of these and as Meta said doing this is good . I settled on tinfoil and covered it with this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Phantom...877?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3aaac743ad
and have seen this with it .
15 sats.PNG

not sure I want to live anywhere they got 15 birds watching me boss...o_O
I hear ya !! That's the most I had seen and took the screenshot but not uncommon to get 13 or 14 at times .
Is an easy fix to do . ;)

I see where the mods to GPS are done with the foil that you normally pick up from 1 to 2 more satellites. Sometimes that is what is needed to get a good lock. A few others have reported getting 4 additional satellites. Depends on your environment and location as to the satellites you can pick up. Foil helps!

Reactions: dirkclod
had my alum done upto the arms where the screw go.. covered it with masking tape so it didnt short anything... fixed the vid.. was happy.. got lots of sats.. worked great for months.. a couple of months ago a friend gave me some guitar aluminium (non conductive) tape... cut out a little square and put it over where the GPS sits (over some my existing alum stuff) made a big diff... before I got a steady 9 sats... now I get 11-12 sats 95% of the time...

tis an art form the foil mod!!!

Reactions: dirkclod
had mine done upto the arms where the screw go.. covered it with masking tape so it didnt short anything... fixed the vid.. was happy.. got lots of sats.. worked great for months.. a couple of months ago a friend gave me some guitar aluminium (non conductive) tape... cut out a square and put it over where the GPS sits (over my existing alum stuff) made a big diff... before I got a steady 9 sats... now I get 11-12 sats 95% of the time...

tis an art form the foil mod!!!
The foil they use in the guitar's is way better than the under the sink stuff !

Dirk... I've goto ask... why did you "like" most of the posts in this thread lol ??
It seems to be quite common, not just with you but heaps other people... whats the advantage ?
what is your end game :p ?

No offence or anything... just curious why people are liking everyones posts ?

*edit* alum I was using was some weather proof stuff... was quite heavy duty.. good stuff..I wasn't using alum foil from the kitchen lol... but yeah the guitar stuff was amazing!

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Maybe looks like I'll have to give it a try...

One more question: If I don't have enough satellite signal on the ground to set a home point, so I take it off anyway, and it picks up satellites immediately in the air (as it always does), and flashes green, has its home point been set in the air???

Normally it does. But you can reset the home point by flipping the top left switch 5 times from off th cl .thenPhantoms rear led will flash yellow then back to green indication that it was reset.

Normally it does. But you can reset the home point by flipping the top left switch 5 times from off th cl .thenPhantoms rear led will flash yellow then back to green indication that it was reset.

Can you do that while it's in the air???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic