GPS, Androids and Google play

Reaction score
My apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm using a Nexus 7 (2013), with Android operating system 5.1.1. I've not rooted the device.

Very impressed in general my phantom, the controller and the pilot app, with a couple of exceptions. The first is that the app will lock up (google error message), the second is that the video occasionally gets jerky.

In reading in the forum, I understand that some people have found success for these problems in using an early version of Google Play.

So here are my questions....

1. Which version of Google Play?
2. If this isn't the initial version of Google Play that came with Android 5.1.1, how do I go about getting the earlier version?
3. My understanding is that Google Play plays a role in translating GPS data from the tablet into the app, but not a role in processing the P3 GPS data. Is this correct? If so, can I simply turn off the GPS functionality of the tablet to improve these problems.

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie.

ad.2
You can try uninstall current Google Play Services by an external software (for example titanium backup, root may be required) and install older version (5.x.x.x is working), you need to find it on net.

@Kyokushin Question? I typically fly with my iPad Mini 2 but I do own a Note 4 for daily use. Now When I use my Note 4 instead of the Mini 2 do I need to turn on or turn off any settings in order to utilize my Samsung device? For some reason when I use my Note 4 and take pictures the pictures never comes up in my gallery...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik