Got a New/Used Drone HELP

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a phantom 2 to trade online for a while and today it came though.
Ended up getting a phantom 2 vision in used condition.

This is my first quad ever, especially a phantom. I did a bit of research, so I was ready to go when I got it. The thing flies well, its came with used propellers, but I'm assuming they are replaced all the time, and one of the legs is bent from what it looks like to me. sturdy, but bent. Can this be replaced?

everything else works and looks great. Except the camera tilt. Camera looks beat up a bit, I think it might be broken. I hear the tilt motor running, the camera just doesn't move. Sometimes it twitches... You think its broken or its something else?

I have a gopro I wanted to mount anyways, and was looking at some gimbals. my question with that was, is there any way to still have the same FPV app system it has going on with the camera it brings? or am i loosing that feature by switching.

Thanks for all the help. BTW I traded for a 600 electric guitar. should i go get my guitar back? lol

Hey Bill,
Congrats, p2v is awesome. First, blades will last a while, they end up getting bent ( being in travel case ), or broken ( crash or negligence ). They are cheap, I always keep SEVERAL extra sets on hand. Legs can be replaced, VERY easily, if you have anti-magnetic compass on your model, you'll need that special leg, as it is molded into the plastic. Ok, the camera, if it records, takes pics,and transmits to your smart device, than it is fine, sounds like stripped servo gear ( now avail at SHAPEWAYS.com ) it is a small plastic piece. Sounds like your craft may have been crashed, or hard landed a few times. As long as it flies well with no other issues ( wobbling and such ) you should be fine. I would not worry too much, $40US should fix everything ( new legs, camera part, and extra props ) as for camera change, if you go to a gopro you will have to also install FPV items to transmit, you will loose wifi from fc200 camera as it is part of the camera.

I would trash the whole camera mount/gimbal and go with the CNC China gimbal on eBay $80-90, 2 axis, plug-n-play, your camera attached to this gimbal ( the camera egg only , you don't use the other parts at all, which is good, because yours is already broken). I have one and LOVE IT!
Video so smooth, and stable. Or fix stock gimbal, up to you!
( just offering options )

I can supply links for you if needed!
Feel free to write to me anytime!

Hope this helps
Your friend,
J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
Here is a picture of my P2v with CNC Gimbal attached.
36083E98-8343-4119-8667-6E41A4FDC55C_zpsac5vko4d.jpg

Here is a link to eBay ( if you want it )
[URL='http://[URL]http://pages.ebay...m/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111640676838[/url]

Take care
J Dot

Hey!

Thanks for he advise.

Since, I replaced the landing gear, added prop guard, and got new props. the thing is running great.

Scrapped the camera it brought, I don't want to use it. I had my go pro under it today with a sticky mount and the pictures were amazing.

I want the CNC gimbal, but for the go pro. Do you know which one is plug and play also? and how i would install it

Thank you so much, again!

@J Dot great to see another happy China Gimbal customer - I ordered one based on a review by @Intruder101 and the videos he posted.
I can't wait to get it installed.
I just ordered a Buzzcam GPS Booster based on @dirkclod 's rebuild post....so many little things I have to learn about these Phantoms.
Thanks for all the great posts....for every guy like me who let's you know how valuable your info is, I'll bet there are 5 more silently taking notes.
Please keep it coming!;)

Reactions: J Dot
Hey maybe you can help me. First off I'm on my 3rd goodluck gimbal and it sits way lower then yours. It also has the jitters I can't get rid of. I'll buy the egg if it works as you say. while I'm at it Iv'e been getting nothing but RTH in less then 10 min time for no reason. It has a new calibrated compass, receiver , and modified antennas on both the cam and craft. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20150503_134953 (1).jpg
    20150503_134953 (1).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 382
  • 20150503_135004.jpg
    20150503_135004.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 362
  • 20150503_135014.jpg
    20150503_135014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 399
Hello Bcongero,
The jitters, sounds like you need to adjust your PID values, to reduce feedback, and friction on your gimbal.
There are several YouTube videos on this too hard to explain through this site. Do you use alexmos simpleBGC software for your gimbal? You can change the values there, just DONT UPGRADE, I heard it will brick your gimbal.( so I never tried ) , I love this gimbal, as it takes TRUELY 15-20 minutes to instal, SUPER EASY. The only issue, is with newest firmware on phantom, with NEW dial wheel Tx, the gimbal points STRAIGHT DOWN at start up. You can adjust, with wheel, but takes a bit of getting used to, I start the bird, and quickly press up on dial, so gimbal does not hit ground, no big deal, hopefully they will fix this issue soon. 2nd issue, due to the mountain bumps on top of egg, and low profile gimbal, in hard flying, the right arm mount on egg, can hit bottom of phantom, I'm working on an adaptor plate, to correct this, will also help balance out gimbal a bit, seems to be a bit heavy on right side.
But it is a PLUG-n-play gimbal, and nicely made, not crappy like the banggood version. If you decide to get one, I can help with some of the initial settings, I bought an extra gimbal, just in case, plus they ship FAST from Hong Kong, got mine BOTH, in a week.

RTH:
I'm not sure what is causing that? Is your battery failing, or are you losing signal from your Tx?

Please let me know
J Dot
Take care, Fly safe!

Ps, the gimbal is lower profile, to use with stock legs, but I used 14mm spacers, because I grass launch, unless it's mowed flat, gimbal starts jumping, due to interference with uneven grass. I'm building a small launching platform, integrating tubes under props, to channel wind out the sides, blowing baby powder out like a shuttle launch, for a video I'm making for a friend! To be honest, it's a pain in the Take care! Lol......{:0)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers