GoPro Karma Release

Have you seen the specs? They claim Karma go go up to 14000 feet lol....is it not restricted to 500 metres like the rest of us

I'd have to see how that video feed looks like

For $799, you have to think the handle isn't included with that price. At least I don't think. Yeah I have the original Osmo also with the z-axis and other accessories. The GoPro handle sounds enticing and won't have the audio issues that the Osmo has.
It includes everything but the camera.

Karma controller
Karma drone
One battery
One charger
Karma stabilizer/harness
Karma grip
Case
Karma mounting ring
6 props

Last edited:
I can see that happening. GoPro camera's are used all over the place, I have several myself. Thats why I invested in a P2 previously so I can send up my gopro. What got a little annoying was having to "assemble" everything and charge batteries and the screen just to fly the GoPro. I have a P3P now and absolutely love it but the thought of sending my gopro up in the air again with a Karma sound interesting. I also love GOPRO Studio because it so easy to use even though its not as advanced as other dedicated video editing software out there.

I for one can't have both so I'll have to see user reviews before I even think about getting a Karma. My wife will definitely have something to say if I decided to "change up" again :)

I fly my PV2+ for fun.. I fly my P3 for videos. In the end, the Karma sounds like it would fit more my P3 preference better in that it seems simpler in design with features geared more towards capturing "the experience". 3DR Solo was supposed to do that... and maybe it does, but Karma takes that idea and kicks it up.

Time will tell.

I view this as just

It includes everything but the camera.

Karma controller
Karma drone
One battery
One charger
Karma stabilizer/harness
Karma grip
Case
Karma mounting ring
6 props

So if they sell the grip alone at $299 (I think thats what someone posted earlier), then that would entice anyone to buy the package for $400 more. I'm surprised GoPro is offering a package deal like that. Their usually the ones that sell things separately. Could just be a release deal then afterwards they'll go to selling separately.

Have you seen the specs? They claim Karma go go up to 14000 feet lol....is it not restricted to 500 metres like the rest of us

Since a lot of their market is action junkies, I am imagine that means you can fly it from the peak at Breckenridge, not you can go 14K ft up from sea level.

Reactions: Denver_Flight
i like how modular the karma is.
looks like investors love what they saw and the stock price is now up 20%! wow

A drone is an aircraft and like any aircraft, it has a service ceiling. 14000 feet would be the Karma's service ceiling, or the height above which the air density isn't great enough to support flight. It doesn't mean that it's legal to fly that high.

Reactions: Denver_Flight
Saw in the gopro forums that they think it sucks that the "follow me" feature was not included.

I just assumed a GoPro drone would have follow me. Are we sure it's not included?
It won't be in the initial release, but I suspect we might see it later since it's a commonly requested featured. See more details here.

Reactions: Brandon
Last edited:
For $799, you have to think the handle isn't included with that price. At least I don't think. Yeah I have the original Osmo also with the z-axis and other accessories. The GoPro handle sounds enticing and won't have the audio issues that the Osmo has.

The handle most definitely is included. That was my whole point.

It is integral to the system as I understand it.

At least it is competition and DJI will have to step up on customer service and parts availability.

Did you even listen to what you just said? :D

10,000 stand-up comedians out of work and you're making jokes for nothing!

Last edited:
I have a 4 Black but only because I had gotten a deal on it. I also have a session which I might keep because I like the size and sell off the 3+black for the 5 session. I like the form factors of the session. Unless I misread, the 5 and 5 session have the same functions including voice commands right? Also both shoot 4k@30fps like the 4 black.

Correct and correct as I understand it, yes.

I think it's going to fall short on the camera side to start. The gopro has WAY to much of a fish eye for my taste. The other specs seem to be nice, but I doubt it will out perform the P4.
Just my two cents worth. Looking forward to all the youtube reviews in the future. Nice to see another player in this space.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20