GoPro Hero3 White Edition on DJI Phantom

Reaction score
I just ordered the White Edition GoPro3 from Amazon.com. It's the least expensive GoPro3 but it still includes Wi-Fi so I can control the camera with my iPad. I've learned, however, not to use the Wi-Fi during in-flight operations as the 2.4ghz range that the wi-fi signal operates on can interfere with the radio controller! Not good. I was really hoping to use the Wi-Fi for some limited FPV usage, even though I knew it would have a several second delay. I guess I'll half to shell out for a real FPV system!

Any suggestions? I didn't have any FPV system on my DJI F550, just a low-buck home built camera mount.

I personally have just bought the Fat Shark Predeters 5.8Ghz for FPV. I have not done FPV before other than when I had the AR Drone. I would not use the wifi personally due to how slow the video link is. saying that even the fat sharks have a slight lag in the video.

Agree with wheels, get a stand-alone Video-link. but you could use a fairly inexpensive vtx and receiver, get some 5.8g gear.
www.fpvhobby. just released a cable to connect a Hero3 to your video tx. so you could pick video from the goPro.

Wheels said:
I personally have just bought the Fat Shark Predeters 5.8Ghz for FPV. I have not done FPV before other than when I had the AR Drone. I would not use the wifi personally due to how slow the video link is. saying that even the fat sharks have a slight lag in the video.
I saw a kit for around 600 bucks..wonder if that setup has a slight lag...hmmmm

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues