GoPro 2 vs GoPro 3 FPV

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Has anyone been able compared the video quality of a GoPro 2 & a GoPro 3 on a pair of Fat Shark Predator goggles?

Thanks

Slugger

search youtube for gopro2 interference to dji gps, you might get a nice picture then plus a flyaway

Or you could read the OP and see that he's referring to goggles, so he probably means using the GoPro as a video feed through a standard video TX ...

My GoPro 2 is far higher resolution than the screen I'm using, and I'd imagine the goggles would be the same. My GoPro 2 isn't that great in low light, but I think it would still be fine for flying, it's just the recorded video is a bit noisy.

Short answer: I don't think the differences between the 2 and 3 will show up for FPV, only in the recorded video.

both put out a standard def picture
..which is further reduced when being broadcast over the Fatshark transmitter. (I'm fairly certain it's a slightly lower resolution)

so both might look about the same
..tho due to image sensor speed and quality, perhaps the Hero3 will have a slight advantage that a trained eye might spot

If I had a video out cable to my TX for a hero 2 I could try but so far I have only flown a hero 3 black, pretty happy with the video but I use a screen not goggles not that it would make much difference. Have flown in complete darkness and it was good enough to let me see what I needed to and it does quite well in changeable light if I can find a hero2 cable I can try with one of those.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl