Google Play Store

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need your input on this issue I found.
So, to give a little history, I downloaded the google play store onto my crystalsky 5.5, and have successfully download Android apps onto the CS.
However, with the DJI Go 4 app, there is an update to the newest version in the Google Play Store, and it won't let me successfully install the update.
When I go into the DJI Go 4 app, it tells me that I have the latest version, but in the Google Play Store, I have the option to upgrade.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Hey guys,

I need your input on this issue I found.
So, to give a little history, I downloaded the google play store onto my crystalsky 5.5, and have successfully download Android apps onto the CS.
However, with the DJI Go 4 app, there is an update to the newest version in the Google Play Store, and it won't let me successfully install the update.
When I go into the DJI Go 4 app, it tells me that I have the latest version, but in the Google Play Store, I have the option to upgrade.
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

DJI Go and Go4 don't update via the Play Store on the Crystal Sky. Instead, you have to wait for DJI to push an update directly to the CS. And they are behind a couple of versions of DJI Go4.

Reactions: jasonjlee
Got it. Also, instead of downloading the apps from Google Store Play onto the inbuilt memory storage, is there a way to direct that app to the external microsd card?

In the general settings/ apps you can select where the apps are stored on the device or a SD card

Soon I got a friend going try to put google play store so I can install my android litchi app I have. I have side loaded apkpure & few apps but couldn’t get google play to load. He’s more computer literate then I am so he might have better luck. Also Iannes should I load apps on SD card or internal memory? I’ve loaded few on internal memory & still have over 2gb left. Have around 60 gb left on apps memory. Also have 64gb on memory cards. Thank you

Soon I got a friend going try to put google play store so I can install my android litchi app I have. I have side loaded apkpure & few apps but couldn’t get google play to load. He’s more computer literate then I am so he might have better luck. Also Iannes should I load apps on SD card or internal memory? I’ve loaded few on internal memory & still have over 2gb left. Have around 60 gb left on apps memory. Also have 64gb on memory cards. Thank you

To install Litchi you need to side load a number of google services file to the CS.
You can easily uninstall these files later like any other app on the android system in the CS

A full reset from the settings menu will return the CS to standard if you don't want to use side loaded apps in the future, there is no lasting impact from side loading apps on the operating system as a result.

To begin you need to:

1) open the internet browser on the CS from the application page

2) download the 4 files required for google play services either from this source or the Cyberpower678 links

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

3) download Litchi 4.0.2 , the only version that is compatible with the CS at the moment

Litchi for DJI Drones 4.0.2 Patched - APK Home

4) install the files on the Crystalsky by selecting them in the explorer, hold down your finger on the file name until a sub menu pops up and then select install.

5) install files in this order, but don't open them.

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps
6) Then just run Litchi, when starting, an option might come up to select DJI Go 4 or Litchi just select "once" and proceed

7) A google services error will pop up from time to time to say it's not working, but you can ignore it and say ok, to close the message

7) A google services error will pop up from time to time to say it's not working, but you can ignore it and say ok, to close the message
I have performed all the steps here and I am happy with the Google Maps on my 7.85"UB. However, the "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped" message is really annoying. Has someone figured out how to get rid of that message? What is the purpose of the google play services once I have the maps working? I would suspect it must be required to get updates but I am really not smart enough to know that for sure. Getting rid of that message would sure make me happy..
KentM

Litchi Now Officially Available for DJI Crystalsky - Installation How-to
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: PunaPhantom
Litchi Now Officially Available for DJI Crystalsky - Installation How-to
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Exactly... this is how I did it through Amazon not the Google store... very straightforward...

But I would also like to get rid of that **** annoying "Google play services has ended" message....

Does ANYBODY have an answer on HOW to get RID of the "Unfortunately Google Play Services has stopped" error message??????

@kentM has asked this question several times in different threads and each time the treads spin off in some direction and no one can seem to answer his question. Obviously, you can uninstall any app that is causing problems to get it to stop nagging you. That's not a sufficient answer.

What no one can seem to answer is this:

1. What exactly do Google Play Services do for the CS?
2. What won't work without them?

If they are needed to get some things to install and work, then can we remove it afterward? If they are critical to map updates, and I don't care about updates, can I remove Google Play Services and still have reliable experiences with Go4 and Litchi???

I realize I can just uninstall Google Play Services and see what happens but I would rather have someone who's been through it weigh in, just in case it creates a giant mess.

So, "does anyone know what WON'T work if we uninstall Google Play Services?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Blade4
To install Litchi you need to side load a number of google services file to the CS.
You can easily uninstall these files later like any other app on the android system in the CS

A full reset from the settings menu will return the CS to standard if you don't want to use side loaded apps in the future, there is no lasting impact from side loading apps on the operating system as a result.

To begin you need to:

1) open the internet browser on the CS from the application page

2) download the 4 files required for google play services either from this source or the Cyberpower678 links

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

3) download Litchi 4.0.2 , the only version that is compatible with the CS at the moment

Litchi for DJI Drones 4.0.2 Patched - APK Home

4) install the files on the Crystalsky by selecting them in the explorer, hold down your finger on the file name until a sub menu pops up and then select install.

5) install files in this order, but don't open them.

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps
6) Then just run Litchi, when starting, an option might come up to select DJI Go 4 or Litchi just select "once" and proceed

# 7... Is there a fix to that by chance? That message shows up all the time and makes things dicy when I am flying.

# 7... Is there a fix to that by chance? That message shows up all the time and makes things dicy when I am flying.

you could try

1. You can stop them by going into your DJI monitor 'Settings -> Apps -> Swipe left to see All apps -> Google Play Services', then tap 'Force Stop'

Reactions: Blade4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic