Google Map not showing

Reaction score
Can't get the Google Map (satellite view) to show using either DJI GO or Litchi. What can I do to correct this? Using Nexus 7 (2013) on P3P.

Scott

The maps get wiped out of the cache periodically and it's irritating.

You have to re-cache the maps. So go somewhere where you have a wifi internet connection like your home's router, bring up the app, and you'll see the maps working again. Zoom in and out of whatever area you want to fly, and these maps will be available to you the next time you fly.

Nope, not working. Outside within wifi range, 15 satellites, no maps coming up no matter what buttons I push.

When I say open your app above, I don't mean while you're trying to fly. Your bird should be off.

Your nexus 7 can't receive two wifi signals at once. The bird should be off and you should connect with an internet signal - that is, a router that's broadcasting internet via wifi.

So your app should then connect to wifi with internet. Look at your device's settings and make sure it is telling you that you are connected to the internet. If it's not connected to a wifi internet signal, force it to connect. Once it's connected, open the flight app WITH THE BIRD OFF and get your maps cached.

When I say open your app above, I don't mean while you're trying to fly. Your bird should be off.
Your nexus 7 can't receive two wifi signals at once. The bird should be off and you should connect with an internet signal - that is, a router that's broadcasting internet via wifi.
A Lightbridge P3 doesn't use wifi so there's no need to turn wifi of on the tablet while flying.
If the tablet has wifi connection to the internet, whether flying or just sitting at home with no Phantom, you should be able to get mapping.
Just open the camera view, tap on the map view and look around.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I bought a P3S refurb a couple weeks ago... it wouldn't load any satellite terrain period. Now I sent that back and bought a used P3A with one version back on firmware installed... it works like a charm and loads up new maps fast. Not going to do a firmware upgrade simply because I do not want to lose my terrain maps. They are very important for me as a new flyer to help keep orientation straight in my head. Its a pity DJI is not fixing this issue. I did complain about it to service but was offered no solutions. Luckily the drone I am flying now is working perfectly in this regard. Now on Samsung I did have to turn on developer mode to get my Samsung Note 3 working with light bridge. Anyway if somebody figures out how to get your maps working let us all know. It is a wide spread problem right now I think.

DJI go did not use Google maps anymore, is using HERE maps.

Yes I heard they changed.. but evidently they do not work reliably anymore in terrain mode. Not exactly an upgrade is it? Example of firmware going backwards instead of forwards?

Seeing map views has nothing to do with AC or RC firmware. That's all done with the app.
As mentioned, DJI now uses Here maps.

I have no problems with sat view, as long as I have an internet connection available.
Caching map only works for as long as you don't powercycle your mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.