Google Cardboard HooToo VR 2D FPV viewer modification

LOL! That hat with shield built in linked above IS ridiculous!

The only issue with producing a 2 D viewer is accommodating all those different form factor of Android phones. Some would be too big, some too small, some too fat. Developing different inserts might be a way to go , but adds to the tool up costs.

I am seriously contemplating the purchase of the Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro

I would like to know what Hobby King replies with in regards to the non-electronics included option. Please post up the reply.

Is this one of you guys?:rolleyes:

4ea93d4d4eebf8154a5a766029c0ab07.jpg

Reactions: JonEQuest
I would have to assume that guy is not being serious? lmao
If hobby king gets back to me I will let you know

I am even thinking of buying the Hobby King one. The ONLY way I can see it not being as good as what I have put together would be if it would not work well with my 5.7" phone. In that case I could just dedicate my Samsung S4 for FPV only. I bet it works great. The only part I never liked about the Quanum 1 was the way the lenses adjusted and the fact that they were Fresnel crap. Quanum 2 and now the pro is a leap beyond. The fact that they finally have big acrylic lenses this is what we need. Let me be clear...... 3D Google Viewer are WRONG for viewing a 2D image. taking a 3D image, then degrading it and doubling it is NOT 3D, it is double crap 2D. I would rather a phone viewer and it is not hard to make BUT the Chinese always do this. They find whatever is hot and all of them sell the same thing and compete with each other. They are all making 3D VR Viewers because that is the hot thing right now. WE DON'T NEED 3D VIEWERS, BUT A REAL GOOD 2D PHONE VIEWER. The only thing that escapes me is why someone has not realized that 1 million phantom owners would love a 2D phone viewer. Hell it would be great for movies, You Tube videos, etc. but no one really sells one yet for any decent price. There are a few "Kickstarter" scams. By scams I mean the promise of a phone viewer that is awesome, but 1 to 2 years later there is still no production of one!? I made one in my garage for under $50.00 but the $100,000 Kickstarter programs cannot make one beyond a prototype to sell yet? I call B.S. on that. The Hobby King Quanum Pro 2 is the closest thing I have seen to an actual phone viewer yet, and it is under $60.00. I have not held one or used one yet but I bet it works pretty well for Phantom users. It seems like they are afraid to say "works great with Phantom". Maybe the hobby quad guys think Phantom products makes you a sell out to the "hobby" world. To thew general public a drone IS a Phantom.

Well Hobby King got back to me and said they do not sell it without the monitor, which is kind of a shame.
I did explain to them that it seems that if they did it would sell pretty well.
I do not plan on using it enough at the moment to spend 60-70 bucks on it (w shipping)

I do agree, I don't know why there have not been any decent inexpensive 2d viewers created.
Seems like there would be a market for sure!

If you end up getting the Quanum DIY FPV Goggle V2 Pro please let us know what you think of it.

I will.

Reactions: dmark1867

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1