Going Rates for Hiring Drone And Pilot

David8t4b99 said:
Suwaneeguy said:
For the moment, it is still LEGAL to get paid for aerial work with a drone.
That may change next year though.

Duh, can't you read.
Obviously illegal to operate a drone for hire.
Hummm, same thing I said in post number 2......

Happyflyer said:
David8t4b99 said:
Suwaneeguy said:
For the moment, it is still LEGAL to get paid for aerial work with a drone.
That may change next year though.

Duh, can't you read.
Obviously illegal to operate a drone for hire.
Well folks... it ain't illegal here, where some of us are at

Narrator said:
.....Well folks... it ain't illegal here, where some of us are at
Well that will fix Beyondcreative's problem. You just mail him a plane ticket to your location and he can shoot all kinds of video. And since Summer is almost there, he can have a great time in the Sun. :cool:

Judderman said:
enough of your American centric thinking!

So long as you're staying open minded.

Happyflyer said:
[/color]

Some people catch on quicker than a house on fire. Oh well, you tried. :lol:

Legalities in the USA aside,

$700 for half day and $1250 for a full day would be a good start for a single person crew with gear.

If you are flying a 2 person crew with something that can lift a larger camera it would be more like $1300 for a half day and $2000 for a full day.

LandYachtMedia said:

$700 for half day and $1250 for a full day would be a good start for a single person crew with gear.

If you are flying a 2 person crew with something that can lift a larger camera it would be more like $1300 for a half day and $2000 for a full day.
It almost gags me when I see the prices that are paid for video. And big, big business pays many times more. :shock:
With money like this you would think the FAA or NTSB or what ever would allow this type of business and then tax the hell out of it.

Happyflyer said:
LandYachtMedia said:

It almost gags me when I see the prices that are paid for video. And big, big business pays many times more. :shock:
With money like this you would think the FAA or NTSB or what ever would allow this type of business and then tax the hell out of it.

When you look at all the costs of doing a real professional video business as your full time job you'll for sure understand why the prices fall where they do. My production insurance alone is over $4k/year. And that doesn't cover the drone. It has its own $2m liability policy that is $2500/yr by itself.

So amortizing the hardware costs into the rate is only one part of it. There are so many other costs that come into it that its CRAZY.

Happyflyer said:
Narrator said:
.....Well folks... it ain't illegal here, where some of us are at
Well that will fix Beyondcreative's problem. You just mail him a plane ticket to your location and he can shoot all kinds of video. And since Summer is almost there, he can have a great time in the Sun. :cool:
Since Beyondcreative didn't say where he or she is from, I'm not the one making comments based on assumptions. For all we know, he or she may already be where I live, or where Judderman lives or where one of many other members live, where it's actually legal.

LandYachtMedia said:
.....When you look at all the costs of doing a real professional video business as your full time job you'll for sure understand why the prices fall where they do. My production insurance alone is over $4k/year. And that doesn't cover the drone. It has its own $2m liability policy that is $2500/yr by itself.

So amortizing the hardware costs into the rate is only one part of it. There are so many other costs that come into it that its CRAZY.
Ah, yes, full time pros. Insurance would kill you. Just like the high rates a doctor charges you. Insurance for them-insane.
Was thinking more of "joe Blow" down the street that does video "on the side" and not pros.

Narrator said:
.....Since Beyondcreative didn't say where he or she is from, I'm not the one making comments based on assumptions. For all we know, he or she may already be where I live, or where Judderman lives or where one of many other members live, where it's actually legal.
And that shows one more time the error in this forum. Not being required to state at least what Country you are in.

Happyflyer said:
Narrator said:
.....Since Beyondcreative didn't say where he or she is from, I'm not the one making comments based on assumptions. For all we know, he or she may already be where I live, or where Judderman lives or where one of many other members live, where it's actually legal.
And that shows one more time the error in this forum. Not being required to state at least what Country you are in.
I agree with you about not being required - so much of what this forum is about will be different in different countries. I also think it's just common sense that you say where you're from, especially when asking a question of this type. But it's also good practice not to make assumptions.

Narrator said:
.....I agree with you about not being required - so much of what this forum is about will be different in different countries. I also think it's just common sense that you say where you're from, especially when asking a question of this type. But it's also good practice not to make assumptions.
+1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20