Going Manual...

Reaction score
Now that the P3 is here, I had to find a job for my trusted P2NV. So today I decided to strip off camera, gimbal, VTX, Tracker, R2008 and go back to the bare basic configuration, and enabled the manual mode.
Tomorrow, I fly manual for the first time, ever... I plan to take this progressively, taking off GPS or Atti, and once in the air, flip the magic switch...
Will be back to report the first impressions. (got a bunch of spare propellers :) )

good luck , i got a p1 in the wardrobe that just sitting there unused i have been thinking of trying manual mode with but not sure if i got the balls to break it

Now that the P3 is here, I had to find a job for my trusted P2NV. So today I decided to strip off camera, gimbal, VTX, Tracker, R2008 and go back to the bare basic configuration, and enabled the manual mode.
Tomorrow, I fly manual for the first time, ever... I plan to take this progressively, taking off GPS or Atti, and once in the air, flip the magic switch...
Will be back to report the first impressions. (got a bunch of spare propellers :) )
:eek::eek:..:D Good luck and have fun !
Don't flip till ya get High :D

Reactions: sergekouper
Ok... Flying manual has nothing to do with Atti or GPS, ;). I have not broken anything despite a kind of non academic quite brutal touch and go, been rescued many times by the GPS switch... many times close to disaster probably, but after a while I started to calm down and learn how it works...
For those who are still wondering, it's a lot of work IMO , and definitely has a learning curve. What is the most amazing is that when you push or pull a stick, the phantom takes an angle, and keep it, meaning if you don't correct constantly pitch, yaw, roll, and throttle, you go straight to the crash or the flyaway away away... But again, flip the gps switch and you're back in business. Another thing, the speed in manual is truly amazing...
I am not sure this mode is absolutly necessary to master to fly with a camera on board, Atti is more appropriate, but it is great fun, and give access to aerobatics.
Recharging the batteries now, and back to it asap. :)

Reactions: dirkclod
Done some flips over today, on the right, on the left... lots of wind! lots of fun and heart attacks... :) Phantom worlked well, but I guess it needs some gains adjustments to be more agressive when flipping over, actually it was quite slow (but definitely successful and impressive) with a lot of height loss in the process... Any advice?

Done some flips over today, on the right, on the left... lots of wind! lots of fun and heart attacks... :) Phantom worlked well, but I guess it needs some gains adjustments to be more agressive when flipping over, actually it was quite slow (but definitely successful and impressive) with a lot of height loss in the process... Any advice?
Pray :)

Yes... :) and lots of practice too...
:DThat's what I meant pray for ! Well that and other things too ;)
Hey...sounds like ya doing good as I have not seen no girl crying.jpg yet :D
Ya would tell us if ya did though....right o_O
:):D:):D

:DThat's what I meant pray for ! Well that and other things too ;)
Hey...sounds like ya doing good as I have not seen no View attachment 24567 yet :D
Ya would tell us if ya did though....right o_O
:):D:):D
Yep, no cryings so far, just a forced landing in the bushes out of battery, (No more IOS info, I need a timer ...). But I definitely need practice to
keep it in the air, the descent speed is not in m/sec anymore but in km/sec !! I guess it gives and idea of how fixed wings work except that the phantom is not gliding at all, meaning no rest and no much room for errors. Lucky we are to have S1 and S2!
Have to find stuff about flying the phantom in manual... Love it so far!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic