Go app takes phone completely down

Reaction score
Except for a brief stability test flight last week, I took my new P3P (and new Note 4 with all other apps zapped) out for its maiden voyage yesterday. A few minutes into the first battery, the Go app locks up. In fact, the whole phone became unresponsive. Landed and had to remove the battery from the phone to force a restart. Second battery flew fine. Considering disabling video capture on the phone as I don't really need it and it has to stress the app or phone more.

Also considering giving Litchi a try, more for stability than any added features. Do you find it more stable? I also don't like how Go will automatically relaunch itself after a force quit without my input. Actually, this whole smart phone thing gives me the creeps.

Just get an iPhone. I used to be an android fanboy but after using one for work i was converted. No more slow downs, resets or having to kill apps. It's like night and day.

You may have much better results disabling video cache as you mentioned. I did that with my air2 and although I'm not totally sure, I think it was the biggest reason for complete app behavior since doing it. Next time I fly I'm also going to disable writing the flight path, or whatever that setting is called that writes the real time flight path on the map as you fly. It tends to clutter up the screen and all I really need is the one line connected to the home point showing. That real time path writing takes a chunk of resources too, I would think. The only time I like to look at the full flight path is after the fact in the flight record playback. You could try these things and see if they help the app behave for you.

Just get an iPhone. I used to be an android fanboy but after using one for work i was converted. No more slow downs, resets or having to kill apps. It's like night and day.

Well I have never had trouble with my Galaxy S5 running android but I have read of plenty of people having problems with Iphones overheating or crashing etc - just read the forums!

Thanks Gents. Not much time to fly so I'm just easing into it with simple stuff, trying to get the hang of the app. Life was so much easier before there was an app for that. Now, instead of focusing on the P, the app begs my attention. Perhaps splitting the duties could work. One on hardware, the other on software.

I like using a phone because it's so light, especially compared to the beast that was the P2 remote (loaded).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl