Go 3.0.0 with P4 and Nexus 7, Problems, all solved (except 1)

Reaction score
I've responded to several threads relating to the above and think it's worth summarising them here.

Setup:
Phantom 4 with latest updates, recently updated to Go 3.0.0
Nexus 7 (latest model), Android 5.1.1

History: No problems in a couple of months flying P4 until last week then (all at the same time) -
1. Extreme video lag (>10 secs) together with picture breakup and blocking, even whilst on ground
2. Craft bouncing (yo-yoing) close to ground on slow take-off
3. Less stable in hover (flying backwards, loosing and gaining height)
4. Message "Braking now - return sticks to mid-point appearing" (with no control input)

I reverted to Go 2.8.0 and all except No2 have vanished, back to smooth solid performance once a few meters off the ground.
Not sure why the bouncing won't go away. I've been flying helis for 15 years and can say it's nothing to do with ground effect but can say that it's akin to instruments with too much gain in their feedback loop - unstable.

Because play store had auto updates turned on I'm not sure whether I had used intermediate Go versions, but the problems existed with my combination of software, in Go 3.0.0.
Anyway I have turned off Auto update!

Hope this helps

My wife got the " Braking now" message a few times while using a Samsung tab s2 tablet with the new update. We haven't flown since and I've been meaning to look it up to see exactly what it means

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have had several braking now messages, one was "Braking now centre sticks" The other was "braking now right stick inoperable avoid obstacle".
Both messages were in clear open spaces, sometimes just hovering.
I have reverted back to version 2.8 GO, and all has reverted to normal. Nexus 7 2nd gen.
I nearly always fly Litchi so had not noticed this until now. I will stay away from 3.0 until I hear better feedback.

I have had several braking now messages, one was "Braking now centre sticks" The other was "braking now right stick inoperable avoid obstacle".
I have reverted back to version 2.8 GO, and all has reverted to normal. Nexus 7 2nd gen.
I nearly always fly Litchi so had not noticed this until now. I will stay away from 3.0 until I hear better feedback.
Interesting that Nexus 7 is involved.

I think there is an update to 3.0.1 for IOS, but nothing yet for Android.

I'd like to know how you reverted back to version 2.8 GO,
when I look at the Play store, there's just version 3 there?
Interesting that Nexus 7 is involved.

I think there is an update to 3.0.1 for IOS, but nothing yet for Android.

I've just been on the Play store. 3.0.1 for Android is there now

I'd like to know how you reverted back to version 2.8 GO,
when I look at the Play store, there's just version 3 there?

I've just been on the Play store. 3.0.1 for Android is there now
To get the old one use this link.
DJI GO apk download for android
Delete 3.0, and then find the 2.8.0 in your download file, and run it, it will install the older version.

OK thanks - much appreciated.
I think I'll try 3.0.1 and if that doesn't do it for me, I'll revert back to 2.8.0
cheers
AJ

Just updated to 3.0.1 and all OK.
Only issue was bouncing still there, until I discovered that Vision system was turned OFF. Turning it ON fixed it, so back to normal now (until the next update of course).

It does worry me that the P4 needs Vision system to stabilise it though, even in calm weather.

Another update - I flew yesterday and the video lag was back with a vengeance, about 10 seconds in fact!
Fortunately I still had 2.8.0 in downloads folder so I reinstalled it in the field and all OK!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic