GO 2.8.2 (iOS) - Name changes now possible!

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I am still using GO 2.4.2 so I can't check this myself. Can anyone confirm that the new 2.8.2 app for iOS now finally allows the much requested ability to change the name of our Phantoms?

I heard that its here:
General Settings > DeviceName
It appears above 'About' when the aircraft is connected.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe
You're absolutely right! You can now both change your own name and the name of the aircraft! Great!

Thank's for letting us know!

//Tom

Reactions: Oso
You're absolutely right! You can now both change your own name and the name of the aircraft! Great!

Thank's for letting us know!

//Tom
Thanks for checking sir. This will make a lot of people very happy.

I am still using GO 2.4.2 so I can't check this myself. Can anyone confirm that the new 2.8.2 app for iOS now finally allows the much requested ability to change the name of our Phantoms?

I heard that its here:
General Settings > DeviceName
It appears above 'About' when the aircraft is connected.
Thanks for the heads up Oso. I've been wanting to change mine since day one.

Thanks for the heads up Oso. I've been wanting to change mine since day one.
You're welcome sir. You are for sure not alone. Many people have been wanting to change the name of their Phantoms. It's great that DJI listened to customer feedback, but not so great that we have to stumble upon such a requested change. I mean why not announce it at least? So silly. Cheers sir.

Reactions: JoBe
Can anyone confirm that the new 2.8.2 app for iOS now finally allows the much requested ability to change the name of our Phantoms?
OK, it's confirmed ... All I need to know why some people would like to change the name of the owner and/or the drone? What is the reason for such feature, apparently requested by many? Pardon my ignorance ...

OK, it's confirmed ... All I need to know why some people would like to change the name of the owner and/or the drone? What is the reason for such feature, apparently requested by many? Pardon my ignorance ...

I suppose that many Phantom owners opened the box, charged the batteries, connected to the app, and when prompted to name the Phantom, just entered something quick to get flying as soon as possible - something like "P3" or "phantom", their own name or "qwerty" thinking that they be able to change it to something better later.

Also, if you decide to resell the drone, the new owner may not want the previous owner's name.

//Tom

Reactions: Oso
You can read about dozens here, but I know one Phantom owner who will be thrilled to finally be able to change the name. His son was in trouble for poor grades, so the son named their Phantom, "Suck my #%}<>~|\{#%>^."

The last we heard he was grounded for life.

You can read about dozens here, but I know one Phantom owner who will be thrilled to finally be able to change the name. His son was in trouble for poor grades, so the son named their Phantom, "Suck my #%}<>~|\{#%>^."

The last we heard he was grounded for life.
@phantom1972 - FYI that you can finally change that name if you use iOS. Soon if you use Android.

Can you change the name in 2.8.1? I'm avoiding 2.8.2 until DJI fixes the bugs that it introduced.

Just a quick FYI that I found this screenshot posted in another thread. Credit goes to @NelioGouveia. Thanks sir.

Device name change.jpg

I suppose that many Phantom owners opened the box, charged the batteries, connected to the app, and when prompted to name the Phantom, just entered something quick to get flying as soon as possible - something like "P3" or "phantom", their own name or "qwerty" thinking that they be able to change it to something better later.

Also, if you decide to resell the drone, the new owner may not want the previous owner's name.

//Tom

Exactly,

I have now bought and sold 6 phantoms and it is nice to be able to rename to something I want vs. what was on it...
and I would be sure the new owner would like to as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic