P4 Firmware GL 300E Controller Will Not Update

Reaction score
Hi brought a new SD card downloaded latest update from Dji download center on to a laptop Copied the bin file to the sim card Made sure that the bin file is the only thing on the card. Put SIM card in controller. Go to system update,go to Local All I get it Is No update Found What’s next send the controller back to Dji ??

Try powering on the GL300E.
click - Enter Device
Place finger on top / middle of main screen and scroll down.
Click on the "settings" gear icon on this new screen (on top right of screen).
scroll down to "Update"
click - "Check for Updates"
Proceed as necessary..

If the controller isn't connected to you wifi, connect to it after clicking gear icon

Done All that about 20 times?The firmware update is on the SIM card It is not reading the SIM card ?

Ok. Didn't mention that in your post. Best of luck.

Originally replied - "Done All that about 20 times?"

Then you update / edit the post to included - "The firmware update is on the SIM card It is not reading the SIM card ?"

Did you try what I recommended?

Yes. The gear icon is on the enter device screen 1 I click on gear icon 2.On next screen I select system settings 3.I scroll down to about device I click on about device 4 Next screen I click on system updates.5 Next screen it searches for firmware package after search I get a note Failed to check firmware package Check your network and retry.. I then click on the 3 dots in upper right hand corner.6. I then click on Local Update. It then says No update found. Copy the downloaded firmware package to the root of your sd card and insert your sd card into the remote controller.... The firmware is the only bin file on the card the card is a new scan disk ultra plus. Again the bin file is the only file on the card but the controller is not reading it. Any suggestions on where I can send the controller. Thanks for your help

Yes It is connected to Wi Fi. Another point is when I go back to the original controller and use a iPad or iPhone for the display everything works excellent

Last edited:
On "Settings" page, maybe try backup and reset??
Only other thing I can think of would be to make sure internet access is actually working, airplane mode is off, etc.
Try opening one of the apps - "browser", "facebook", etc.. and surf a little.

DJI's phone number is 818-235-0789. They may have other recommendations and/or know where to ship it off to.

Yep already done the backup and reset Yep went to app and used google to search WiFi is fine

This guy had issue's too. Around 5:50, he talks about re-formatting the SD card.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro Firmware Problem Fix

Give DJI a call tomorrow.

Post the outcome when you get it figured out. I'm curious (I have both E and F controllers too) and it will help others.

Ok will do I watched that video a few times that’s why I made sure that the bin file was the only file on the card.

No Luck yet. Called Dji only thing he told me was to try upgrading but by using my phone as a Hotspot. I have excellent WiFi and using it with phone also shows excellent connection ??

No harm in doing what he asked. If that doesn’t work, call back. Maybe the next techie can come up with a better idea.

When trying to upgrade with wifi and with phone as a hot spot the connection is showing excellent. I work week days so I only have about 90 minutes to talk with a tech.30 minutes of that is having one come to the phone. Guess I may have to take a whole vacation day for that purpose

Little Progress Called Dji The person I talked with I could barely understand and I don’t think he knew anymore then I did I hung up the phone and redialed Next person talked a lot louder and I could fully understand him him. I felt like he really wanted to solve my issues. Progress made is I was able to update the controller. Issues I still have are controller light blinking green and red,,no camera view Maybe another phone call I will get the same gentleman and maybe we can solve all my issues.

Controller will need to be sent to Dji for repairs I have talked to at least 5 different techs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.