Gimbal won't lock

Reaction score
I just rebuilt the Gimbal on my 4K camera after a crash. I replaced both arms and the ribbon cable. As soon a I turn on the drone it starts swinging the camera wildly. I know that this is a common problem if things aren't put back just right. I've checked all the problems I've found in forum posts and videos at least twice. I'm either misunderstanding the alignment instruction or there is another issue that I haven't run across yet. Here is a list of the things I am checking:

1. The Yaw arm set screw is on the flat in the motor shaft.

2. The tilt arm motor shaft flat is up and parallel to the camera top.
98230-5df91fbbb2ab1255d4cdb3b908f59a0c.jpg

3. With the camera facing forward the DJI logo is right side up.

98231-9092ee577c58b1350920314bb6329137.jpg

4. The flat on the tilt motor shaft is facing the lens side (it should be to the back) of the camera.

5. The resistance on the motor controller potentiometers measure 4k ohms from the center pin to each side pin when it is in the position shown in the first picture. If I turn it 90 degrees to either side it is about 2.5k ohms, and 5.5k ohms.

Did I misunderstand? Is there something else I need to check? Is there a diagnostic I should run? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with the software I had only flown the Phantom a few times before I had a prop spin off and it crashed. It sat for well over a year.

Last edited:
No replies so I went ahead and tried a few things. It turned out that the camera tilt shaft was rotated 180 degrees. Apparently I misunderstood point 4. If someone sees the thread later it should be that the flat on the should face the camera back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT