Gimbal Roll Error

Reaction score
This happens about every 4th or 5th power on. It starts the dance and stops. Any Ideas before I start messing with DJI Assistant.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.48.31 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-12-31 at 11.48.31 PM.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 560
I get this same problem, although for me it's about 50/50 every boot up. Non plus version.

My gimbal stopped doing the dance completely after a flight this morning. Thought it was completely dead, but then came back alive in the middle of a subsequent firmware downgrade. Firmware now returned to current release and gimbal is working, but now points left about 2 degrees :(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Need to change flex cable from gimbal

Well I didnt change it since this morning and my 2nd flight didnt have it so maybe not the cable ,the one thging I did different was both flights I had a "Calibrate Compass" prompt and the !st time I did it with the clear plastic gimbal brace off ,the second time I left it on so when I go out later if I get another "calibrate compass " prompt I'm going to leave it on .. In my case thats whatI think it is..

... the second time I left it on so when I go out later if I get another "calibrate compass " prompt I'm going to leave it on...

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but it's probably not a good idea to leave the gimbal guard attached when the drone is turned on. It should always be taken off before turning on the done. I've forgotten to take it off before, but I imagine there is a risk of permanently damaging the gimbal if it tries to move or to do the gimbal dance and is unable to do so because the gimbal guard is still attached.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Techcop50
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying, but it's probably not a good idea to leave the gimbal guard attached when the drone is turned on. It should always be taken off before turning on the done. I've forgotten to take it off before, but I imagine there is a risk of permanently damaging the gimbal if it tries to move or to do the gimbal dance and is unable to do so because the gimbal guard is still attached.

Ok I understand what your saying but is there a warning about doing so in the manual anywhere , if there is I guess I missed it

Not sure, but the app will display a gimbal obstruction/gimbal motor overload error, either in the top left bar (just to the right of the DJI logo) or in the gimbal status display once you tap on that same bar and scroll down.

After a crash I replaced the roll motor, Yaw Arm, and cable. Bird fiys perfict camera shoots stils, and video, but gimble and camera do not respond at start up or input from controller. There is a soft clickinking noise and the caqmera does tritch a little. I have done IMU and Gimble calibration with no improvement. Memo "hardware malfunction" says contact DJI support for details. WAITING

Por lo general, ese problema se debe al flex. Ha probado cambiar el flex? Al cambiarlo verifique que el número impreso en color blanco en el flex sea el mismo. No todos los flex son iguales, un mismo modelo de drone usa más de un modelo de flex. Se lo digo por experiencia, soy técnico de drones.
Soy mauriciocruzdrones.com
Saludos cordiales.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.