Gimbal & ribbon cable

Reaction score
Hi all,

My camera on my PV+ is now separate from the gimbal and the ribbon cable has snapped.
It look like the camera and hub (?) should just clip back on to the rest of the gimbal set up. Does this sound likely? There is no obvious damage to the gimbal. The only real damage I can see is that the ribbon cable has broken.

Can anyone offer advice on how to repair the camera/gimbal set up? Has anyone found a supplier for the ribbon wire?

Thanks!

xring10 said:
Hi all,

My camera on my PV+ is now separate from the gimbal and the ribbon cable has snapped.
It look like the camera and hub (?) should just clip back on to the rest of the gimbal set up. Does this sound likely? There is no obvious damage to the gimbal. The only real damage I can see is that the ribbon cable has broken.

Can anyone offer advice on how to repair the camera/gimbal set up? Has anyone found a supplier for the ribbon wire?

Thanks!
I believe there are no supplier's of just the ribbon cables. The only option is dronefly

Only solution I found for malfunctioning Gimbal is my local hobby story finally got parts from DJI. Problem they can't "fix" the gimbal they have to replace the whole gimbal and camera for $700!! Ouch!!
I hate to think this is what it will take to fix this thing every month or so.
I flew mine for about a month. Decended too fast and lsot control twice. One landing was soft the other came down hard enough to bend a leg. Gimbal survived both.
Then I hit a wall, not particularly hard, and one axis of gimbal just spasses out, flips all over.
Took to local hobby story Atlanta Hobby who probably sells more DJI than anyone in US and they didn't have parts.
We waited a month to get parts then turns out only have the full replacement of gimbal and camera for $700.
This hurts.
If I could do it again I would get the Phantom 2 with gopro gimbal. It is much studier and can replace gimbal for $400 if it does go bad.

On closer inspection of my knackered camera and gimbal, it is clearly not the right cable. The search continues...

Where did you buy it? Have you checked on having it repaired? DJI fixed mine for free but it was purchased directly from them.

I am stuck with the same issue. (a broken video cable) (black ribbon cable). I was flying at about 15 feet showing my kids how cool this new toy was, and it decided to drift off on its own and attempt to land on my pitched garage roof. After skipping down the asphalt and flipping over, it fell ten feet to the concrete. One blade broke in half and the bottom half of the camera flew off. This tore the cable but seemed to cause no other real damage the camera snapped right back together.
Now when I turn on the PV2+ the camera flops around out of control. So, it looks like it would be fairly easy to swap out the cable. Will DJI do this or are they saying that the entire camera needs replaced? Is there still no option to buy just the cable somewhere.
Thanks

My crash was similar. I figured they'd just fix it but the letter they sent said they replaced the whole gimbal/camera.

Yes, they fixed it free under warranty even though I told them it was crash damage. There has been at least one other person on here with the same results.

The bad news is it took a little over a month shipped to return. Someone else reported recently that they got an RMA and the wait time is still around 4 weeks.

I shipped the whole unit to DJI. It has been discussed that maybe you could send them only the gimbal/camera, buy a replacement, and then sell one of them when it comes back from DJI.

I don't know if anyone has tried to just send the gimbal/camera though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl