Gimbal Repair

Reaction score
An
588910520.jpg
y fixes?

The top plates seem to be available on ebay from £6 upwards. At that price it's probably not worth the hassle of trying to fix the broken one.
However, is the wiring intact and does the camera currently work apart from perhaps a slight tilt?
It looks like the multistrand cable connector is displaced and needs popping back into place.
A couple of hours ago I used a curved metal spudger to pop an identical 'buckle in the shell' back into place

Reactions: Capt KO
The top plates seem to be available on ebay from £6 upwards. At that price it's probably not worth the hassle of trying to fix the broken one.
However, is the wiring intact and does the camera currently work apart from perhaps a slight tilt?
It looks like the multistrand cable connector is displaced and needs popping back into place.
A couple of hours ago I used a curved metal spudger to pop an identical 'buckle in the shell' back into place
I'm not exactly sure, it is my friends drone and I do not have my hands on it yet. He told me that everything works other than when he turns it on he gets a gimbal warning notification. I was not sure if it was just the cables and the metal mount or if I needed a whole gimbal housing

Needs a very good inspection. Yaw arm could be damaged. Ribbon cable could be ripped/torn. The mounting plate isn't difficult to replace, and yaw arm is a doable repair as well. Ya just need to know all the parts you'll need ahead of time. You don't want to replace a part or two, reassemble it, then find you needed other parts.

I'd start by getting him to gently press the white connector down and then see if that 'fixes' the gimbal. You can check it more thoroughly, as Shoot4fun suggests, later

Attachments

• 588910520.jpg
    588910520.jpg
    582.7 KB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
It's a lovely word isn't it, lol.
I used one from this set, they seem quite good quality.

The plastic ones shown in the attached are good as they do not go in far (self limiting) and can often run around an edge however the tips do break as has happened to the top one-

Attachments

• 20190903_035156 c&p.jpg
    20190903_035156 c&p.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited by a moderator:
@lnh2424 most parts for the P3 are still available. If, and I say "IF" , a ribbon cable is needed, please do yourself/ your friend a favor and buy a OEM cable!!! They're not expensive, relatively speaking, if you have to disassemble the unit to redo it after putting a cheaper aftermarket cable on. Ask me how I know this...

It's a lovely word isn't it, lol.
I used one from this set, they seem quite good quality.

The plastic ones shown in the attached are good as they do not go in far (self limiting) and can often run around an edge however the tips do break as has happened to the top one-
I have several of the plastic variety I used for cell phone repair in the past. The stainless version looks more sturdy for drone repair except, as you mentioned, the notched plastic version keeping you from going in too far and damaging internals. Thanks for the new Vocabulary addition! Gettin more gooder every day! ?

@PhiliusFoggg not sure what a "spudger" is, but an old spoon works good also... What the heck is a SPUDGER?!?!? I need a visual on this critter! ?

Brad
I bought a 12 pack assorted spudgers from amazon. Goes with my screw driver set. Everything I need if work needed.

KO

Last edited:
Reactions: Shoot4fun
That does it! If The Captain has Spugers/spludgers, (whatever the heck they are) then I must have some too... Amazon, here I come!

Right after I get out of this hayfield...
20190903_144505.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl