Gimbal Repair & Calibration Error

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been lurking here for several months but just recently came across an issue that I can't resolve with researching the existing posts.

Long story short; repaired my drone last night after a crash that snapped the camera off the yaw arm. Replaced the yaw arm, gimbal motor and the ribbon.

Fired it back up and the camera powers on and does it's dance. I get a display and can control the camera via the remote (all good signs).

Once on, the red LED on the gimbal flashes, like it's in a firmware update, and the rear LEDs are flashing Yellow/Red. I also get a calibration error.

I have calibrated the gimbal, and done an IMU Calibration on the drone, however, I can not get the compass to calibrate.

Anyone else have an issue like this that they have corrected?

Robert

Hi All,

Been lurking here for several months but just recently came across an issue that I can't resolve with researching the existing posts.

Long story short; repaired my drone last night after a crash that snapped the camera off the yaw arm. Replaced the yaw arm, gimbal motor and the ribbon.

Fired it back up and the camera powers on and does it's dance. I get a display and can control the camera via the remote (all good signs).

Once on, the red LED on the gimbal flashes, like it's in a firmware update, and the rear LEDs are flashing Yellow/Red. I also get a calibration error.

I have calibrated the gimbal, and done an IMU Calibration on the drone, however, I can not get the compass to calibrate.

Anyone else have an issue like this that they have corrected?

Robert
"Teegarden" For Real?:)

Welcome to the Forum!

You can see the image from the camera?
I guess you get the Telemetry?
Weird, whats the numbers on IMU calibration screen for the compass, I think its on that same screen.
Can you see, how full your SD card is?
Can you change camera settings and save them?

Rod

Since the manual says requires compass calibration for red/yellow, I guess it is actually your compass if everything else works, check connections?

Sorry all I got for now.

Rod

I can see the image from the camera, yes.
The IMU adjustments are normal - not near them now so I forget the exact reads.
I can change camera settings.

Where would the connections be, under the shell?

The compass is in the landing gear. I just looked, the right rear, the one closest to the battery power button.

Rod

Rod - Thanks for the tip! I pulled the top shell off to see if there was a connection issue and indeed, there was.

The orange wire on the compass connector had been cut, presumably by the crash! I soldered it back together, fired it up and calibrated the compass with no problems! It even fixed the erratic nature of the gimbal, post repair. While I intend to get a new compass cable, I will do a small test flight tomorrow to see if it's flying straight and true.

Thanks for the replies!

Yes, You made my day, FNA.

Rod

Got it in the air briefly last night. Right rear motor sounds funny and stopped MUCH quicker than the other three when is landed. Could be debris, so I'll try to blow it out and see if that fixes it. If not, then a new rotor is in order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31