Gimbal range and status on DJI Go app

Reaction score
When testing out the vertical up range of the gimbal / camera, I noticed that in the app, the dots range scale reading go all way down to straight down view, but stop at about 75-80% on the scale when moving upwards.

I realize that the props may be in camera's view if panning up too much, but is this fixed or adjusted in app ?

Also in app, under aircraft status, where most items have a normal or other reading, the Gimbal status line is empty, should it say something?

Tx

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You can enable the rest of the scale in Gimbal settings in the GO app...that will let your camera point 30 degrees above horizontal -(not too much use unless you're flying backwards regarding props in the shot).

Thanks rockydog. That's what I thought. Was doing some low level flight practice and tried to move camera angle up more and ran into the limiter.

The gimbal seems to work fine and ran a calibration, but in the DJI Go app, under aircraft status, the Gimbal line is blank, where I thought before it said Normal. See screencap below from my iPhone 6+.

Any ideas why?

68d63d4fc0884725390dd2fb49c0c350.jpg

On the main app screen (camera view), tap on the three dots at top right to bring up General Settings....then tap on the camera/gimbal icon...you should be able to check/adjust settings in there. Maybe start off with a gimbal calibration? (on a level surface).

Edit. Just noticed you said you've already calibrated.

Thanks rockydog, I did do a gimbal calibration but line still blank. Should I try an IMU calibration then recalibrate the gimbal ? Connected the P4 to a another device ( an iPad ) but gimbal status also shows blank. Checked wires and seems to work and move ok.

What version of the GO app are you using? I've just connected mine up to see what was showing, and on my iPad running 2.9.2 is shows GimbalStatus Normal....on my iPhone running 3,0 it shows nothing (same as your screenshot).

I am running 3.0 on my iPhone and iPad also, I remember seeing Gimbal status - Normal when I was running 2.9.2. Is anyone else seeing nothing for Gimbal status with 3.0 in iOS or other devices ?

As my phone running, 3.0, is showing the same as you, I would think it's definitely the app that is at fault.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31