Gimbal Random shut down

Reaction score
Ok twice now in the middle of a flight the gimbal just decides to shut down for absolutely no reason. Both flights when it failed were in no wind and going fairly slow. The first time this happened I brought it home restarted took off again and everything was fine even put it in sport to get heavy on the controls never failed.... then today I take it up to run a battery down just doing an orbit around my house it fails again.

Oh and just to state the obvious no gimble lock was left on.

The first time my P4 did that it was windy and I was pushing it so I though I overloaded the motors, the second time there was no wind and I was moving very very slow and the gimbal just went limp. My first reaction looking at my tablet was that I had lost power and was on my way down to the scene of the crash! once I saw my altitude was the same I limped back home just happy I didn't have a power loss. Powered off and on and all was good for the other 2 batteries.

The first time my P4 did that it was windy and I was pushing it so I though I overloaded the motors, the second time there was no wind and I was moving very very slow and the gimbal just went limp. My first reaction looking at my tablet was that I had lost power and was on my way down to the scene of the crash! once I saw my altitude was the same I limped back home just happy I didn't have a power loss. Powered off and on and all was good for the other 2 batteries.

Sounds identical to what happened to me. Today I went out and did another Flight and calibrated the compass. Did a full battery flight and no failure hopefully tomorrow on my job I won't have any issues.

I presume you had also following conditions (I may repeat some you already mention);

- no agressive turn, specially to left side
- no excessive craft speed and not flying in S mode
- battery in good conditions, not raising low voltage
- good weather and no special wind/turbulances
- no extra filter or accessory installed that would increase camera weight/imbalance
- no gimbal motor overload warning message showed up on GO4 app
- no error logged or error status in GO4 app
- restart craft resolves the issue

Would relate to unexplained random gimbal shutdown not catched by GO4 app so we're blind to explain what is the root cause.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4