Could not shut down the battery after a flight.

All this reinforces my belief that hand catching is a bad thing - an accident waiting to happen.
Not really. Depends on the circumstances, environmental factors, pilot skill, and the drone model.
"A man needs to know his limitations"

I know my limitations. After 18 years of flying RC planes I had my first prop strike - accidental motor start while reaching to disconnect the battery. No stitches but 6 nasty cuts. So I have found little good reason to intentionally put my fingers in or near harm's way. To each his own. Not worth it to me.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
I know my limitations. After 18 years of flying RC planes I had my first prop strike - accidental motor start while reaching to disconnect the battery. No stitches but 6 nasty cuts. So I have found little good reason to intentionally put my fingers in or near harm's way. To each his own. Not worth it to me.
Ouch. Luckily it never happened to me when I was flying RC fixed wing, but I have seen others who got their fingers in the prop. Those wooden props on a gasoline engine were not anything to mess with!

I cannot imagine myself landing the drone with its super sensitive gimbal camera in a dusty area or a grass surface (by no means if the grass it’s grown up to the props level). That’s why from my early experience as an UAV pilot I have learned to land by hand-catching it. What I miss is that I still haven’t learned yet to take-off from hand, it would spare me the struggle to find a decent take-off location.

As I hand caught the aircraft and pushed the battery button it did not shut down. I repeated the two-second process but had the same result. Next, the motors ran up to max speed...
...For six minutes I held the cb7raft until the battery lost power.
I just don't know what to say to that... surely not what I'm thinking.

Grabbing a phantom mid-flight and trying to shut it down with the button on the battery?... jeez...

I don't hand catch, but good luck to those that do. And at least learn how to do it properly

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4