Gimbal pitch on F2 - how can i get more anlge?

Reaction score
Hey Gimbal people,

I have a new gimbal now working from TeamRebelDesign - the Beholder Lite - it's fantastic and very light! I did a test flight with everything wired up neatly last night.

i wired the pitch control to the F2 port on the Naza, and I get control of pitch using X1 (the top screw of 2 on the back of the stock transmitter controls this channel as we can see in the naza assistant software)

It works! (mostly) I get pitch control to a point, but what I have is the ability to rotate up a little and down a lot, but not to 90 degrees - what I want is the ability to go from level to straight down. Does anyone know what I can tune to get this ability? I can look down about 65 degrees and up about 10 - not enough :( This solution is almost perfect but I would love to get straight down filming by sliding my extra knob on the back (thanks shapeways!)

This is the Gimbal : http://www.teamrebeldesign.com/2013/07/beholder-gopro-brushless-gimbal-lite-for-dji-phantom/

Here is a video of it in action, sorry it was dark by the time i got it running last night :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EprclQy2Fh4

That looks really good so far!

How does the phantom fly with that onboard? It doesn't sound like the motors are straining.

Unless the limits in the NAZA can somehow affect the max/min angle (which I don't quite think is possible),
your best bet is to learn how to connect your gimbal up to your computer so that you can use the gimbal software to change the max tilt settings. (imagine it uses Simple BGC).
probably wise to hit up an online forum or find others users who have done so with the same gimbal.

Gizmo3000 said:
Unless the limits in the NAZA can somehow affect the max/min angle (which I don't quite think is possible),
your best bet is to learn how to connect your gimbal up to your computer so that you can use the gimbal software to change the max tilt settings. (imagine it uses Simple BGC).
probably wise to hit up an online forum or find others users who have done so with the same gimbal.

I hooked it up - it's using Brushless Gimbal Code at google - seems to allow me to change the angle settings - it may not have enough strength to balance the camera pointing straight down , but it's close...

Got it stabilized a bit more and I'll be shooting some stuff tonight so I will post an update!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues