Gimbal Overload Error!

Reaction score
All the sudden my phantom 3 professional started having issues when I turn it on. When I turn on the phantom the gimbal initiates but never levels the camera and I get a gimbal overload error on the screen. If found a video on youtube that someone posted with the same problem. Here it is:

I have not crashed the drone, I have the latest firmware update and yes I removed the foam pice and plastic camera holder. I verified that the screws on the gimbal are not lose including the black hex screw. Can someone please help me find a solution to this problem without having to send it to DJI. I'm currently on vacation outside the USA and this problem has ruined my plans to shoot some unique landscapes. I'm hoping I can get this fixed before I end my vacation.

Thanks!

All the sudden my phantom 3 professional started having issues when I turn it on. When I turn on the phantom the gimbal initiates but never levels the camera and I get a gimbal overload error on the screen. If found a video on youtube that someone posted with the same problem. Here it is:

I have not crashed the drone, I have the latest firmware update and yes I removed the foam pice and plastic camera holder. I verified that the screws on the gimbal are not lose including the black hex screw. Can someone please help me find a solution to this problem without having to send it to DJI. I'm currently on vacation outside the USA and this problem has ruined my plans to shoot some unique landscapes. I'm hoping I can get this fixed before I end my vacation.

Thanks!
First thing-- do a gimbal calibration..
If the doesn't work, after the gimbal stops try to gently straight and level it physically. Then turn of the aircraft, controller and do a restart with the controller, aircraft in that order.
Then do another gimbal calibration after you set it manually.
If that doesn't work-- Check the IMU and see if that checks out.

My suggestions -- hopefully one of them will work-- there should be some more chaps chiming in here. Good luck.

Hey guys, I was able to fix the problem. I completely unmounted the gimbal from the drone, replaced the rubber shock absorbers and safety clips with the extra ones that came in the box. I turned it back on, did a gimbal calibration and I no longer had the problem. I also went ahead and did an IMU and compass calibration just for extra piece of mind. The drone is now working fine.

Thanks!
Hey! I'm having a problems with my gimbal while I was flying just like yours think I should Take off all of it like you did.. And see what up!

Well done.. I got the same problems it happens whil I was flying so am going to use your technique hope it works

Well done.. I got the same problems it happens whil I was flying so am going to use your technique hope it works

Well the funny thing is that a few weeks later my phantom started developing cracks so I sent it back for repair under warranty. When I got it back somehow my gimbal was having the same problems again and I could not get it back to work at all, so I called them and explained that they messed up my gimbal when they replaced the cracked housing. They opened a new ticket told me to send it back again and they replaced the entire gimbal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl