Gimbal on P4P Plus

Reaction score
I broke the yaw arm on a hard landing. Replaced the arm, yaw motor and ribbon cable. Put it all back together and the camera is stuck continuously moving up and down. Not stabilizing. Thoughts?

I broke the yaw arm on a hard landing. Replaced the arm, yaw motor and ribbon cable. Put it all back together and the camera is stuck continuously moving up and down. Not stabilizing. Thoughts?

Check to make sure the ribbon cable is not obstructing the camera module from moving. It doesn't take much resistance to effect the smooth motion of the camera. There is little room for the ribbon to stay clear of the cam. If not the ribbon, then you'll need to check the pitch motor. You'll need to take the drum off & inspect for sensor damage, (2 very tiny black sensors on motor base), OR, copper wire coating melt around the motor lugs. If the drone sat in the crashed position for a period of time before it was retrieved & was stuck in an unnatural position, it will overheat, causing the coating to melt

Pic of another ribbon wire that got a little damage. Do broke, but not 100% either.
20210423_165001.jpeg

Check to make sure the ribbon cable is not obstructing the camera module from moving. It doesn't take much resistance to effect the smooth motion of the camera. There is little room for the ribbon to stay clear of the cam. If not the ribbon, then you'll need to check the pitch motor. You'll need to take the drum off & inspect for sensor damage, (2 very tiny black sensors on motor base), OR, copper wire coating melt around the motor lugs. If the drone sat in the crashed position for a period of time before it was retrieved & was stuck in an unnatural position, it will overheat, causing the coating to melt
Good advice. I got stuck in an "unnatural position" once. Had my feet pushed up behind my ears once playing football. Ya know, it's hard for any man or woman to get like that and still appear sophisticated. Really tuff to fly a P4P like that, too.

Anyway, replacing the gimbal ribbon is a tuffy. I did it once but sure didn't succeed on the first try. It's a job meant to be done slowly and carefully...for me anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers