Gimbal not centering

ETC

Reaction score
I Officially know everything, well mostly.
After my mega crash I ended up replacing a the yaw motor antenna wires and main ribbon. This worked fine but all of a sudden I started getting the gimbal shake. Scrub screw was tight and everything seemed up to par yet I could not get rid of the shake. So I replace the tilt motor, and ribbon again and robbed some other parts from a spare gimbal. Finally it's back to fine working order except the tilt would only work with the apps and not the controller - i had the tilt speed at 0 so that is also now fine. The only remaining glitch is the fact the gimbal does not center. This has been a problem since day 1 when the unit was new. The gimbal starts out facing straight ahead but then kicks to the left about 10 degrees. I did all the calibrations and setting but this problem persits. I am not sure where to go from here except to maybe ignore the issue and live with it.

I managed to fix it. I found this is a very common issue and also it's been reported that firmware does not seem to remedy the problem. Seeing as two different gimbals do the same exact thing I figure I would use my engineering expertise to fix this once and for all. Using a pair of small adjustable spanners I simply put a approx 10 degree twist in the gimbal arm. It's spot on right now and seems to true up nicely. It is my guess the real problem lies in the bivot motor not being calibrated correctly from the factory but the twist seems to be the cave man approach to correctness

Same problem here, although on my P3S it's barely noticeable. I just started a thread on the DJI Forum asking to have yaw correction in the app, similarly to what we already have to correct a titled horizon. Hopefully DJI would listen (and respond).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31