Gimbal Motor Noise?

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed a constant noise coming from the Gimbal area? First Startup on the kitchen table without props noticed the Sound and seems to be coming from the motor in the plate that bolts to the aircraft ......

There is a fan in there to keep things cool. Is this what you are hearing? There's also a fan in the TX.

There is a fan in there to keep things cool. Is this what you are hearing? There's also a fan in the TX.

thats exactly what it sounds like ....... a fan .......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It will be the fan on the P3 i think, not turned mine on yet so can not 100% say this for sure but that's what i think it will be for sure.

Reactions: offthefront
I was alarmed at first too but I realized it was the fan. Does your gimbal operate properly? No binding and smooth rotation via remote or while banking etc.

I was alarmed at first too but I realized it was the fan. Does your gimbal operate properly? No binding and smooth rotation via remote or while banking etc.

yea seems fine .......... just used to the P2 even powered up on the kitchen table would be silent ....... m

Yeah..I got mine a couple days ago, and that is one of the first things I noticed. Just sitting still, the gimbal sounds like a loud laptop fan... I can hear it from 6 or 7 feet away. Definitely louder that the P2V+ which was silent if it was just on an sitting on a table. Does everyone concur that their P3s have a similar sound just sitting on a table?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31