Gimbal Guard/Protector?

Reaction score
Does anyone use this on there V+ Ver.3? does it really work? A review would be appreciated.Tnx

yes buy one

The guard helps and I repeat helps to keep the gimbal from separating in case of a bump bang or crash. Not full proof but definitely helpful. The gimbal motors are magnetic and only connected by a small shaft. They are not interlocked one to the other so they can come apart on a small impact. Most pilots have complained of the ribbon cable being damage when that happens. Hope this helps.

Yes!
I was ready to buy one then I decided to make my own.
I'm a mechanic.
I'm not too sure about the straps between the legs though. I have some carbon fiber that I play around with and I fit some in there between the landing gear skids, but I took them back out. I don't get it.
I kept the gimbal guard on though, that's cheap insurance.

I use one on my V3, with a mount for the rf v16 tracker. Its only plastic 3d printed so not sure how much help it would really be in a crash. I've read that dji changed the gimbal support bar to steel from alloy with the v3 but not sure how true this is.
9tnvxw.jpg

Gimbal guards are a waste of money on the P2V+ Version 3.0 quads. DJI fixed the problem of the motors separating when a crash or hard landing occurs. Something to do with the aluminum housing being replaced by steel. Look around the forum and there are several explanations and photos as to why gimbal separation guards are now useless. Basically you would almost need a hydraulic press to separate the motor from the shaft.

Gimbal guards are a waste of money on the P2V+ Version 3.0 quads. DJI fixed the problem of the motors separating when a crash or hard landing occurs. Something to do with the aluminum housing being replaced by steel. Look around the forum and there are several explanations and photos as to why gimbal separation guards are now useless. Basically you would almost need a hydraulic press to separate the motor from the shaft.
I would have to agree with this. My v3 fell like a rock from 200' and landed square on the neighbors fence. The camera took all the impact. Stayed completely in tact. Camera and gimbal are dead but it didn't separate!

uploadfromtaptalk1430334547908.jpg

For P2+ version 3 I'd recommend UAV bits camera guard only. It will protect that expensive camera & gimbal. The C/F is light and strong.

If you always take off from your case, or equivalent, and hand catch, you should never have a problem. Including the chance of debris getting in the motors.

Does this "spider" tip over guard replace the camera guard? if so it seems like a better (cheaper) all around solution.??????
Yes, I think so, as it goes under gimbal just like other camera guards do. It does not have place to put tracker on it but I modded mine so now I have room for tracker also.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31